- The report contains detailed information about Franklin Resources Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Franklin Resources Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Franklin Resources Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Franklin Resources Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Franklin Resources Inc. business.
About Franklin Resources Inc.
Franklin Resources, Inc., through its wholly-owned direct and indirect subsidiary companies, provides investment management and fund administration services to open-end and closed-end investment companies (including the Company's own family of retail mutual funds), institutional accounts, high net-worth families, individuals and separate accounts in the United States and internationally.
The Company' sponsored investment products include a range of domestic (U.S.) and global/international equity, hybrid, fixed-income and money market mutual funds, and also other investment products, which are sold to the public under the Franklin, Templeton, Mutual Series, Bissett, Fiduciary Trust and Darby Overseas brand names.
The Company provides investment management services and other related services, including shareholder services, transfer agency, underwriting, distribution, custodial, trustee and other fiduciary services (investment management and related services). The Company provides clients with select retail-banking and consumer lending services through its bank subsidiaries.
Investment Management and Related Services
The Company provides investment management and related services to its various fund families, high net-worth clients, institutional accounts and separate accounts.
Types of Investment Management and Related Services
The Company provides investment management and related services to its sponsored investment products. It advises, manages and implements the investment and administrative activities necessary to operate, its U.S.-registered open-end and closed-end funds or series and its many non-U.S. based sponsored investment products.
Investment Management Services
The Company earns investment management fees by providing investment management services pursuant to agreements with each sponsored investment product, including each fund, or, if applicable, each person or legal entity acting on behalf of a sponsored investment product. This business is primarily conducted through its direct and indirect subsidiary companies, such as:
Fiduciary International, Inc. (FII), an investment adviser, provides investment management services to certain of its sponsored investment products and separate accounts for institutional clients.
Fiduciary Investment Management International, Inc., an investment adviser, provides investment management services to separate accounts for institutional and private clients.
Fiduciary Trust, a New York state-chartered bank, provides investment management, custody and related services to high net-worth individuals, families and institutions;
Fiduciary Trust Company of Canada (FTCC), a foreign equivalent investment adviser with certain of the Canadian provincial securities commissions, provides investment management services to certain funds and separate accounts primarily in Canada.
Fiduciary Trust International Limited, an investment adviser and a foreign equivalent investment adviser in the United Kingdom (U.K.), provides investment management services to certain of its funds and separate accounts for institutional and private clients.
Franklin Advisers, Inc., an investment adviser, provides investment management services to certain of its funds, non-affiliated entities and institutional and separate accounts.
Franklin Advisory Services, LLC, an investment adviser, provides investment management services to certain of the Company's funds and to certain non-affiliated entities.
Franklin Investment Advisory Services, LLC, an investment adviser, provides investment management services to fund clients.
Franklin Mutual Advisers, LLC, an investment adviser, provides investment management services to the Mutual Series funds and also to certain other funds.
Franklin Templeton Alternative Strategies, Inc., an investment adviser, provides investment management services to certain of the Company's sponsored investment products with mandates in alternative investments.
Franklin Templeton Asset Management (India) Private Limited, an Asset Management Company, provides investment management services to certain of the Company's funds
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FRANKLIN RESOURCES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FRANKLIN RESOURCES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FRANKLIN RESOURCES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FRANKLIN RESOURCES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FRANKLIN RESOURCES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Franklin Resources Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Franklin Resources Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Franklin Resources Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Franklin Resources Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Franklin Resources Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. FRANKLIN RESOURCES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FRANKLIN RESOURCES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FRANKLIN RESOURCES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FRANKLIN RESOURCES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FRANKLIN RESOURCES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FRANKLIN RESOURCES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Franklin Resources Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Franklin Resources Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Franklin Resources Inc. Major Shareholders
Franklin Resources Inc. History
Franklin Resources Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Franklin Resources Inc. Offices and Representations
Franklin Resources Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Franklin Resources Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Franklin Resources Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Franklin Resources Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
Franklin Resources Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Franklin Resources Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Franklin Resources Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Franklin Resources Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Franklin Resources Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Franklin Resources Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Franklin Resources Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Franklin Resources Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?