- The report contains detailed information about Franklin Financial Services Corp. (PA) that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Franklin Financial Services Corp. (PA). It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Franklin Financial Services Corp. (PA) financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Franklin Financial Services Corp. (PA) competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Franklin Financial Services Corp. (PA) business.
About Franklin Financial Services Corp. (PA)
Franklin Financial Services Corporation operates as the bank holding company for Farmers and Merchants Trust Company of Chambersburg that provides commercial, retail banking, and trust services in Pennsylvania.
The company operates 25 community banking offices in Franklin, Cumberland, Fulton, and Huntingdon Counties, Pennsylvania.
The companys other subsidiaries include Franklin Financial Properties Corp. and Franklin Future Fund, Inc.
Franklin Financial Properties Corp. operates as a real estate subsidiary established to hold real estate assets. Franklin Future Fund, Inc. is a non-bank investment company that makes venture capital investments.
The companys lending activities consist primarily of commercial real estate, construction and land development, agricultural, commercial and industrial loans, installment and revolving loans to consumers, and residential mortgage loans. Secured and unsecured commercial and industrial loans, including accounts receivable and inventory financing, and commercial equipment financing are made to small and medium-sized businesses, individuals, governmental entities, and non-profit organizations.
Installment loans involve both direct loans to consumers and the purchase of consumer obligations from dealers who have sold or financed the purchase of automobiles to their customers. The companys mortgage loans include long-term loans to individuals and to businesses secured by mortgages on the borrowers real property. Construction loans are made to finance the purchase of land and the construction of residential and commercial buildings thereon, and are secured by mortgages on real estate.
F&M Trust's Investment and Trust Services Department offers personal and corporate trust services associated with trust departments of area banks, including estate planning and administration, corporate and personal trust fund management, pension, profit sharing and other employee benefit funds management, and custodial services. Its Personal Investment Center sells mutual funds, annuities, and selected insurance products.
As of December 2009, the companys investment portfolio included the U.S. treasury securities and obligations of the U.S. government agencies; obligations of state and political subdivisions; corporate debt securities; mortgage-backed securities; and asset backed securities.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys deposits included demand, noninterest-bearing deposits; interest-bearing checking deposits; money market accounts; passbook and statement savings account; and time deposits.
Franklin Financial Services Corporation was founded in 1906.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FRANKLIN FINANCIAL SERVICES CORP. (PA) COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FRANKLIN FINANCIAL SERVICES CORP. (PA) BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FRANKLIN FINANCIAL SERVICES CORP. (PA) SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FRANKLIN FINANCIAL SERVICES CORP. (PA) FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FRANKLIN FINANCIAL SERVICES CORP. (PA) COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Franklin Financial Services Corp. (PA) Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Franklin Financial Services Corp. (PA) and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Franklin Financial Services Corp. (PA) and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Franklin Financial Services Corp. (PA) Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Franklin Financial Services Corp. (PA) Industry Position Analysis
6. FRANKLIN FINANCIAL SERVICES CORP. (PA) NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FRANKLIN FINANCIAL SERVICES CORP. (PA) EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FRANKLIN FINANCIAL SERVICES CORP. (PA) ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FRANKLIN FINANCIAL SERVICES CORP. (PA) IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FRANKLIN FINANCIAL SERVICES CORP. (PA) PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FRANKLIN FINANCIAL SERVICES CORP. (PA) VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Franklin Financial Services Corp. (PA) Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Franklin Financial Services Corp. (PA) Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Franklin Financial Services Corp. (PA) Major Shareholders
Franklin Financial Services Corp. (PA) History
Franklin Financial Services Corp. (PA) Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Franklin Financial Services Corp. (PA) Offices and Representations
Franklin Financial Services Corp. (PA) SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Franklin Financial Services Corp. (PA) Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Franklin Financial Services Corp. (PA) Capital Market Snapshot
Franklin Financial Services Corp. (PA) Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Franklin Financial Services Corp. (PA) Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Franklin Financial Services Corp. (PA) Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Franklin Financial Services Corp. (PA) Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Franklin Financial Services Corp. (PA) 1-year Stock Charts
Franklin Financial Services Corp. (PA) 5-year Stock Charts
Franklin Financial Services Corp. (PA) vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Franklin Financial Services Corp. (PA) vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Franklin Financial Services Corp. (PA) Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?