- The report contains detailed information about Fortress Investment Group LLC that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Fortress Investment Group LLC. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Fortress Investment Group LLC financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Fortress Investment Group LLC competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Fortress Investment Group LLC business.
About Fortress Investment Group LLC
Fortress Investment Group LLC operates as a global investment manager specializing in alternative assets. The companys alternative investment products include private equity funds, hedge funds and publicly traded alternative investment vehicles. The company is an asset-based investment management firm.
Private Equity Funds
The companys private equity business is made up of a series of funds named the Fortress Investment Funds and organized to make control-oriented investments in cash flow generating, asset-based businesses in North America and Western Europe, with a focus on acquiring and building asset-based businesses with significant cash flows. The company manages two smaller long dated value funds focused on investing in undervalued assets with limited cash flows and long investment horizons.
Fortress Investment Funds: The company has raised four diversified private equity funds and a series of co-investment funds, from institutional investors and net worth individuals. Its funds have acquired assets and asset-based businesses in 76 transactions. The fortress investment funds seek to generate 20% annual net returns to investors and to return at least two times invested capital. Its funds have averaged 40.0% annualized net returns through September 30, 2006 while at the same time minimizing investment loss. Sectors within which the companys private equity funds have been active investors include financial services, residential and commercial real estate, senior living, transportation and media/telecommunications.
Long Dated Value Funds: The companys private equity fund product, the Long Dated Value family of funds, focuses on making investments with long dated cash flows. Its investments include rent-stabilized apartment portfolios, residual interests in power plants and oil and gas royalty interests. The long dated value funds are generally similar in structure to the Fortress Investment Fund family of funds.
The company creates and manages hedge fund investment products. Hedge funds, a business that manages AUM comprised of two business segments - hybrid hedge funds, which makes diversified investments globally in undervalued and distressed assets, including loans, assets and corporate securities; and liquid hedge funds which invests globally in fixed income, currency, equity and commodity markets and related derivatives to capitalize on imbalances in the financial markets.
Hybrid Hedge Funds: The hybrid hedge funds investment opportunities are found outside the broker-dealer mediated channels, in which investments that are priced and intermediated by financial institutions are typically presented to the private investment fund community. The company has developed a proprietary network comprised of internal and external resources to source transactions for the funds. The funds are able to invest in various financial instruments, ranging from loans to pools of assets and receivables.
Drawbridge Special Opportunities Funds: The drawbridge special opportunities funds form the core of the companys hybrid hedge fund investing strategy. The drawbridge special opportunities funds make investments. The funds acquire a portfolio of investments primarily throughout the United States, Western Europe and the Pacific region. The funds investment program incorporates three investment strategies, focusing on asset-based transactions, loans and corporate securities.
The funds acquire and participate in various yield real estate and corporate loans. Asset-based transactions include the acquisition of portfolios of commercial and consumer based tangible assets from undervalued or financially troubled companies, and market purchases of distressed asset-backed securities. The funds also acquire debt and equity securities of companies that are in distress, default or bankruptcy. The majority of the funds investments are illiquid, and the funds generally make investments.
Fortress Partners Funds: The companys The Fortress Partners Funds investments are made both in Fortress Funds and in funds managed by other managers, and in direct investments that are sourced either by
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FORTRESS INVESTMENT GROUP LLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FORTRESS INVESTMENT GROUP LLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FORTRESS INVESTMENT GROUP LLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FORTRESS INVESTMENT GROUP LLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FORTRESS INVESTMENT GROUP LLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Fortress Investment Group LLC Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Fortress Investment Group LLC and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Fortress Investment Group LLC and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Fortress Investment Group LLC Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Fortress Investment Group LLC Industry Position Analysis
6. FORTRESS INVESTMENT GROUP LLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FORTRESS INVESTMENT GROUP LLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FORTRESS INVESTMENT GROUP LLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FORTRESS INVESTMENT GROUP LLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FORTRESS INVESTMENT GROUP LLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FORTRESS INVESTMENT GROUP LLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Fortress Investment Group LLC Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Fortress Investment Group LLC Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Fortress Investment Group LLC Major Shareholders
Fortress Investment Group LLC History
Fortress Investment Group LLC Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Fortress Investment Group LLC Offices and Representations
Fortress Investment Group LLC SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Fortress Investment Group LLC Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Fortress Investment Group LLC Capital Market Snapshot
Fortress Investment Group LLC Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
Fortress Investment Group LLC Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Fortress Investment Group LLC Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Fortress Investment Group LLC Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Fortress Investment Group LLC 1-year Stock Charts
Fortress Investment Group LLC 5-year Stock Charts
Fortress Investment Group LLC vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Fortress Investment Group LLC vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Fortress Investment Group LLC Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?