- The report contains detailed information about First United Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for First United Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The First United Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes First United Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of First United Corporation business.
About First United Corporation
First United Corporation operates as the holding company for First United Bank & Trust, which provides a range of retail and commercial banking services to businesses and individuals.
The company also owns 99.9% of the limited partnership interests in Liberty Mews Limited Partnership, a Maryland limited partnership formed for the purpose of acquiring, developing, and operating low-income housing units in Garrett County, Maryland.
Banking Products and Services
The company operates 28 banking offices, 1 call center, and 33 automated teller machines (ATMs) in Allegany County, Frederick County, Garrett County, and Washington County in Maryland, and in Berkeley County, Mineral County, Hardy, and Monongalia County in West Virginia.
The company's services include various deposits, business loans, personal loans, mortgage loans, lines of credit, and consumer-oriented retirement accounts, including individual retirement accounts (IRA) and employee benefit accounts. In addition, it provides brokerage services through a networking arrangement with PrimeVest Financial Services, Inc., a full service broker-dealer. It also provides safe deposit and night depository facilities, and a line of insurance products and trust services.
The companys commercial loans are primarily secured by real estate, commercial equipment, vehicles or other assets of the borrower.
The company's commercial real estate loans are primarily those secured by land for residential and commercial development, agricultural purpose properties, service industry buildings such as restaurants and motels, retail buildings, and general purpose business space.
The company's residential mortgage portfolio is distributed between variable and fixed rate loans. Home equity lines of credit, included with in the residential mortgage portfolio, are secured by the borrowers home and can be drawn on at the discretion of the borrower. These lines of credit are at variable interest rates.
The company also provides residential real estate construction loans to builders and individuals for single family dwellings. These loans have maturities of 6 to 12 months and may have a fixed or variable rate. Permanent financing for individuals offered by the company includes fixed and variable rate loans with three, five or seven year adjustable rate mortgages.
The company also offers various other consumer loans to customers, including indirect and direct auto loans, and other secured and unsecured lines of credit, and term loans. Additionally, it meets the lending needs of under-served customer groups with in its market areas in part through OakFirst Loan Center, Inc., located in Martinsburg, West Virginia, and OakFirst Loan Center, LLC, located in Hagerstown, Maryland.
The company offers an array of deposit products, including checking, savings and money market accounts, regular and IRA certificates of deposit, Christmas savings accounts, college savings accounts, and health savings accounts. It also offers the CDARS program to municipalities, businesses, and consumers. In addition, it offers its commercial customers packages which include treasury management, cash sweep, and various checking opportunities.
The companys trust department offers a range of trust services, including personal trust, investment agency accounts, charitable trusts, and retirement accounts, including IRA roll-overs, 401(k) accounts and defined benefit plans, estate administration, and estate planning.
The company offers a range of insurance products and services to customers in its market areas through the First United Insurance Group, LLC.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys investment portfolio included securities of U.S. government and agencies; residential mortgage-backed agencies; collateralized mortgage obligations; obligation of states and political subdivisions; and collateralized debt obligations.
First United Corporation was founded in 1900.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FIRST UNITED CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FIRST UNITED CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FIRST UNITED CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FIRST UNITED CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FIRST UNITED CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. First United Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of First United Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of First United Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. First United Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. First United Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. FIRST UNITED CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FIRST UNITED CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FIRST UNITED CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FIRST UNITED CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FIRST UNITED CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FIRST UNITED CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
First United Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
First United Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
First United Corporation Major Shareholders
First United Corporation History
First United Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
First United Corporation Offices and Representations
First United Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
First United Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
First United Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
First United Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
First United Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
First United Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
First United Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
First United Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
First United Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
First United Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
First United Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
First United Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?