First Niagara Financial Group Inc. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about First Niagara Financial Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for First Niagara Financial Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The First Niagara Financial Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes First Niagara Financial Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of First Niagara Financial Group Inc. business.
About First Niagara Financial Group Inc.
First Niagara Financial Group, Inc. operates as the bank holding company for First Niagara Bank, a federally-chartered savings bank. The bank provides a range of retail and commercial banking, as well as other financial services to individuals, families and businesses through its branch network located across Upstate New York and Western Pennsylvania.
The banks subsidiaries provide a range of financial services to individuals and small and medium size companies in its market areas. First Niagara Commercial Bank (the Commercial Bank) is the companys New York State chartered bank whose primary purpose is to generate municipal deposits. First Niagara Funding, Inc. the companys real estate investment trust (REIT) primarily originates and holds commercial real estate and business loans. First Niagara Risk Management, Inc. (FNRM), its service insurance agency is engaged in the sale of insurance products, including commercial and personal insurance, surety bonds, life, disability, and long-term care coverage, as well as other risk management advisory services. FNRMs risk management consulting business includes alternative risk and self-insurance, claims investigation and adjusting services, and third party administration of self insured workers compensation plans. FNRMs employee benefits consulting business includes a retirement plan practice, compliance services, benefit plan administration, as well as a compensation consulting practice. FNRM also provides industry specific insurance programs related to long-term care, moving and storage, ice rinks, and municipalities.
The bank has two business segments, Banking and Financial services. The Banking segment includes all of its retail and commercial banking operations. The Financial services segment includes its insurance and employee benefits consulting operations.
The bank originates business and commercial real estate loans, leases, and residential mortgages to customers located with in its primary market areas. It also originates and retains in its lending portfolio various types of home equity and consumer loan products.
Commercial Real Estate and Multi-family Lending: The bank originates commercial real estate loans secured by first liens on apartment houses, office buildings, shopping centers, and industrial and warehouse properties. As part of its product mix, the bank also offers the commercial real estate and multi-family construction loans to its relationship borrowers.
Commercial Business Loans: The banks commercial business loans portfolio includes business term loans and lines of credit issued to small and medium size companies in its market areas, some of which are secured in part by additional owner occupied real estate. The bank makes secured and unsecured commercial loans and extends lines of credit for the purpose of financing equipment purchases, inventory, business expansion, working capital, and other general business purposes. The bank offers additional commercial business products and services, such as letters of credit, cash management, remote deposit capture, merchant services, wire transfer capabilities, lock-box, business credit and debit cards, and online banking. The bank also makes commercial business and real estate loans.
Specialized Lending: The banks specialized lending portfolio consists of commercial leases and loans to finance insurance premiums. It offers installment direct financing small ticket equipment leases.
Residential Real Estate Lending: The bank originates mortgage loans to enable its customers to finance residential real estate, both owner occupied and non-owner occupied, in its primary market areas. The bank originates fixed-rate loans, as well as FHA and VA loans in the secondary market to government sponsored enterprises, such as Federal National Mortgage Association (FNMA) and Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (FHLMC) or to wholesale lenders. The bank offers monthly ARM products secured by residential properties.
Home Equity Lending: The bank offers fixed-rate, fixed-term, monthly and bi-weekly home equity loans, and prime-based home equity lines of credi
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FIRST NIAGARA FINANCIAL GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FIRST NIAGARA FINANCIAL GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FIRST NIAGARA FINANCIAL GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FIRST NIAGARA FINANCIAL GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FIRST NIAGARA FINANCIAL GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. First Niagara Financial Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of First Niagara Financial Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of First Niagara Financial Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. First Niagara Financial Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Industry Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. First Niagara Financial Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. FIRST NIAGARA FINANCIAL GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FIRST NIAGARA FINANCIAL GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FIRST NIAGARA FINANCIAL GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FIRST NIAGARA FINANCIAL GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FIRST NIAGARA FINANCIAL GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FIRST NIAGARA FINANCIAL GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
First Niagara Financial Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
First Niagara Financial Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
First Niagara Financial Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
First Niagara Financial Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
First Niagara Financial Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
First Niagara Financial Group Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
First Niagara Financial Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
First Niagara Financial Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
First Niagara Financial Group Inc. Major Shareholders
First Niagara Financial Group Inc. History
First Niagara Financial Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
First Niagara Financial Group Inc. Offices and Representations
First Niagara Financial Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
First Niagara Financial Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
First Niagara Financial Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
First Niagara Financial Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Industry Industry Statistics
First Niagara Financial Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
First Niagara Financial Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?