- The report contains detailed information about EZCORP Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for EZCORP Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The EZCORP Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes EZCORP Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of EZCORP Inc. business.
About EZCORP Inc.
EZCORP, Inc. provides specialty consumer financial services. The company operates pawn stores in the United States principally under the EZPAWN and Value Pawn brands, and in Mexico under the EMPENO FACIL and EMPENE SU ORO brands. As of September 30, 2010, the company operated a total of 1,006 locations.
The company also operates short-term consumer loan stores in the United States principally under the EZMONEY brand and in Canada under the CASHMAX brand. It also owns approximately 30% of the outstanding stock of Albemarle & Bond Holdings PLC, a pawnbroking business in the United Kingdom with approximately 130 stores, and approximately 33% of Cash Converters International Limited, which franchises and operates a worldwide network of approximately 500 locations that provide financial services and sell pre-owned merchandise.
The company manages its business in three segments: U.S. Pawn Operations; Empeno Facil; and EZMONEY Operations
The U.S. Pawn Operations segment offers pawn related activities in its 390 U.S. pawn stores, offers signature loans in 53 pawn stores and 6 EZMONEY stores, and offers auto title loans in 58 pawn stores.
The Empeno Facil segment offers pawn related activities in 115 Mexico pawn stores.
The EZMONEY Operations segment offers signature loans in 444 U.S. EZMONEY stores and 51 Canadian CASHMAX stores. The segment offers auto title loans in 390 of its U.S. EZMONEY stores.
The companys pawnshops make pawn loans, which are typically small, non-recourse loans collateralized by tangible personal property. Collateral for its pawn loans consists of tangible personal property, generally jewelry, consumer electronics, tools, sporting goods, and musical instruments. The merchandise it sells consists primarily of pre-owned collateral forfeited from its pawn lending activities or purchased from customers.
Short-Term Consumer Loan Activities
The company also offers various loan products and credit services to customers who do not have access to other sources of credit. It offers various loan products, including single-payment, non-collateralized payday loans with maturity dates typically ranging from 7 to 30 days; non-collateralized installment loans that may be repaid over extended periods of up to 6 months; and 30-day loans secured by automobile titles. Short-term non-collateralized loans are sometimes referred to as signature loans.
In November 2009, the company acquired 30% interest in Cash Converters International Limited, which owns and operates 39 locations in Australia and 32 locations in the United Kingdom; and has approximately 500 franchised stores in 21 countries, including 138 in Australia, 157 in the United Kingdom, and significant presences in Spain, South Africa, and France.
EZCORP, Inc. was founded in 1989.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EZCORP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EZCORP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EZCORP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EZCORP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EZCORP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. EZCORP Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of EZCORP Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of EZCORP Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. EZCORP Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. EZCORP Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. EZCORP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EZCORP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EZCORP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EZCORP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EZCORP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EZCORP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
EZCORP Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
EZCORP Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
EZCORP Inc. Major Shareholders
EZCORP Inc. History
EZCORP Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
EZCORP Inc. Offices and Representations
EZCORP Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
EZCORP Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
EZCORP Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
EZCORP Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
EZCORP Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
EZCORP Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
EZCORP Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
EZCORP Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
EZCORP Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
EZCORP Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
EZCORP Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
EZCORP Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?