- The report contains detailed information about E*TRADE Financial Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for E*TRADE Financial Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The E*TRADE Financial Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes E*TRADE Financial Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of E*TRADE Financial Corporation business.
About E*TRADE Financial Corporation
E*TRADE Financial Corporation, a financial services company, provides online brokerage and related products and services primarily to individual retail investors, under the brand E*TRADE Financial. The company also provides investor-focused banking products, primarily sweep deposits and savings products, to retail investors.
The company provides services to customers in the U.S. through its Web site at www.etrade.com. In addition to its Web site, it also provides services through its network of customer service representatives, relationship managers, and investment advisors. The company also provide these services over the phone or in person through its 28 E*TRADE Branches.
The company's primary subsidiaries include E*TRADE Bank, a savings bank that provides investor-focused banking products to retail customers nationwide and deposit accounts insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC); E*TRADE Capital Markets, LLC, a registered broker-dealer and market-maker; E*TRADE Clearing LLC, which is the clearing firm for its brokerage subsidiaries; and E*TRADE Securities LLC, which is a registered broker-dealer.
Products and Services
The company operates in two segments, Trading and Investing and Balance Sheet Management.
TRADING AND INVESTING
The Trading and Investing segment offers a suite of financial products and services to individual retail investors.
Trading Products and Services
The company's trading products and services include automated order placement and execution of U.S. equities, futures, options, exchange-traded funds, and bond orders; access to E*TRADE Mobile Pro, which allows customers to trade stocks and transfer funds between accounts via a Blackberry or Apple iPhone and iPod Touch, as well as the ability to monitor real-time investment, market and account information; use of Power E*TRADE Pro, which is its newly redesigned desktop trading software for active traders; two-second execution guarantee on Standard & Poors (S&P) 500 stocks and exchange-traded funds; margin accounts allowing customers to borrow against their securities; access to international equities in Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan and the United Kingdom, and foreign currencies, including the Canadian dollar, Euro, Hong Kong dollar, Yen and Sterling; and FDIC-insured sweep deposit accounts that automatically transfer funds to and from customer brokerage accounts.
Long-Term Investing Products and Services
The company's long-term investing products and services include use of the Investor Resource Center, which provides an aggregated view of its investing tools, market insights, independent research, education, and other investing resources; advisory services through Online Advisor, its investment advice tool designed to provide investors with actionable investment guidance, including recommended asset allocations ranging from self-directed investing to 100% discretionary portfolio management from a registered investment advisor; fixed income tools in its Bond Resource Center targeted at helping customers identify, evaluate, and implement fixed income investment strategies; access to Retirement QuickPlan, which is a four-step retirement planning tool that provides an assessment of an individuals or a familys retirement savings and investing plan, as well as tips to help get on track with personal retirement goals; no fee and no minimum individual retirement accounts; access to approximately 1,000 non-proprietary exchange-traded funds and approximately 8,000 non-proprietary mutual funds; investing and trading educational services via online videos, Web seminars and Web tutorials; and FDIC insured deposit accounts, including checking, savings, and money market accounts.
The companys trading and investing segment also includes market-making activities which match buyers and sellers of securities from its retail brokerage business and unrelated third parties. As a market maker, the company takes positions in securities and functions as a wholesale trader by combining trading lots to match buyers and sellers of securities.
In addition to the services, the company also offers employee stock option management software and services for corporate customers. This software system facilitates the management of employee option plans, employee stock purchase plans and restricted stock plans, including necessary accounting and reporting functions.
BALANCE SHEET MANAGEMENT
The Balance Sheet Management segment consists of the management of its balance sheet, focusing on asset allocation and managing credit, liquidity, and interest rate risks. The balance sheet management segment manages loans previously originated or purchased from third parties, as well as its customer cash and deposits, which originate in the trading and investing segment.
In 2009, the company sold its local market trading operations in Germany.
E*TRADE Financial Corporation was founded in 1982.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. E*TRADE FINANCIAL CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. E*TRADE FINANCIAL CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. E*TRADE FINANCIAL CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. E*TRADE FINANCIAL CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. E*TRADE FINANCIAL CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. E*TRADE Financial Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of E*TRADE Financial Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of E*TRADE Financial Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. E*TRADE Financial Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. E*TRADE Financial Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. E*TRADE FINANCIAL CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. E*TRADE FINANCIAL CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. E*TRADE FINANCIAL CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. E*TRADE FINANCIAL CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. E*TRADE FINANCIAL CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. E*TRADE FINANCIAL CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
E*TRADE Financial Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
E*TRADE Financial Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
E*TRADE Financial Corporation Major Shareholders
E*TRADE Financial Corporation History
E*TRADE Financial Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
E*TRADE Financial Corporation Offices and Representations
E*TRADE Financial Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
E*TRADE Financial Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
E*TRADE Financial Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
E*TRADE Financial Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
E*TRADE Financial Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
E*TRADE Financial Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
E*TRADE Financial Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
E*TRADE Financial Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
E*TRADE Financial Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
E*TRADE Financial Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
E*TRADE Financial Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
E*TRADE Financial Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?