- The report contains detailed information about ESB Financial Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for ESB Financial Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The ESB Financial Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes ESB Financial Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of ESB Financial Corp. business.
About ESB Financial Corp.
ESB Financial Corporation operates as the holding company for ESB Bank, which provides a range of retail and commercial financial products and services to customers in Western Pennsylvania.
The company has two subsidiaries, AMSCO, Inc., which engages in the management of certain real estate development partnerships on behalf of the company; and ESB Financial Services, Inc., which holds loans and other investments.
As of December 31, 2009, the company conducted business through 24 offices in Allegheny, Beaver, Butler, and Lawrence counties, Pennsylvania.
The companys principal business consists of attracting deposits from the general public and investing such deposits in real estate loans secured by liens on residential and commercial properties, consumer loans, commercial business loans, securities and interest-earning deposits. It invests in securities issued by the U.S. government and agencies and other investments permitted by federal law and regulations.
The companys lending activities have primarily involved the origination of single-family residential loans and multi-family residential mortgage loans, primarily secured by properties in its market area. In addition, it has involvement in the origination of other types of loans within its primary market area include construction loans, commercial real estate loans, commercial business loans and various consumer loans.
Commercial Real Estate and Multi-family Residential Mortgage Lending: The company originates commercial real estate and multi-family residential mortgage loans and has in its portfolio both whole loans and participation interests. The commercial real estate loans in its portfolio are secured by apartment buildings, office buildings, small retail shopping centers, and other income-producing properties in its primary market area.
Consumer Lending: The company offers various consumer loans, including loans secured by deposit accounts, student education loans, automobile loans, home equity loans, and secured and unsecured personal loans.
Commercial Business Lending: commercial business loans and lines-of-credit of both a secured and unsecured nature are made by the company for business purposes to municipalities, as well as incorporated and unincorporated businesses. These loans are made for the purchase of equipment, to finance accounts receivable and/or inventory, as well as other business purposes.
The companys investment activities involve investment in various types of investment securities, including the U.S. treasury obligations and securities of various federal agencies, certificates of deposit at insured banks and savings institutions, commercial paper, corporate debt securities, tax-exempt obligations (including primarily municipal obligations of state and local governments), mutual funds, and federal funds. It also maintains a portfolio of mortgage-backed securities which are insured or guaranteed by FHLMC, the Federal National Mortgage Association (FNMA), and the Government National Mortgage Association (GNMA).
The company offers various deposit accounts with a range of interest rates and terms. The primary types of deposit accounts include regular savings, checking and money market accounts, and certificate accounts. As of December 31, 2009, the companys deposit products included noninterest-bearing deposits; NOW account deposits; money market deposits; passbook account deposits; and time deposits.
ESB Financial Corporation was founded 1915.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ESB FINANCIAL CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ESB FINANCIAL CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ESB FINANCIAL CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ESB FINANCIAL CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ESB FINANCIAL CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. ESB Financial Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of ESB Financial Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of ESB Financial Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. ESB Financial Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. ESB Financial Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. ESB FINANCIAL CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ESB FINANCIAL CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ESB FINANCIAL CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ESB FINANCIAL CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ESB FINANCIAL CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ESB FINANCIAL CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
ESB Financial Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
ESB Financial Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
ESB Financial Corp. Major Shareholders
ESB Financial Corp. History
ESB Financial Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
ESB Financial Corp. Offices and Representations
ESB Financial Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
ESB Financial Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
ESB Financial Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
ESB Financial Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
ESB Financial Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
ESB Financial Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
ESB Financial Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
ESB Financial Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
ESB Financial Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
ESB Financial Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
ESB Financial Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
ESB Financial Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?