- The report contains detailed information about Duff & Phelps Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Duff & Phelps Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Duff & Phelps Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Duff & Phelps Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Duff & Phelps Corporation business.
About Duff & Phelps Corporation
Duff & Phelps Corporation provides independent financial advisory and investment banking services worldwide. The company provides its services globally to various companies that are in need of customized financial advice.
As of December 31, 2009, the company served a global client base through offices in 23 cities, comprised offices in the 17 U.S. cities, including New York, Chicago, Dallas and Los Angeles, and 6 international offices located in Amsterdam, London, Munich, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
The company operates in three segments: Financial Advisory; Corporate Finance Consulting; and Investment Banking.
The Financial Advisory segment provides clients with services through its valuation advisory, tax services, and dispute and legal management consulting business units.
Financial Reporting: The company is an independent provider of valuation services for financial reporting. It provides objective and independent valuation reports that allow its clients to meet regulatory, market, and fiduciary requirements. The financial reporting services that the company offers include valuations used in conjunction with business combinations and purchase price allocations in conjunction with FASB ASC 805, Business Combinations; periodic impairment testing of goodwill and other intangibles in conjunction with FASB ASC 350, IntangiblesGoodwill and Other; periodic impairment testing of long-lived fixed assets in conjunction with FASB ASC 360, Property, Plant, and Equipment; valuations related to stock compensation in conjunction with FASB ASC 718, CompensationStock Compensation; cheap stock valuation; and fresh start accounting for companies emerging from Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Fixed Asset/Real Estate Valuation: The company provides integrated fixed asset and real estate valuations, with specialized expertise in machinery and equipment valuation, fixed asset reconciliation, cost segregation, real estate valuation, and real estate consulting. Its services are used for various purposes, including valuation of machinery and equipment for financial and tax reporting and loan/lease structuring; satisfying Sarbanes-Oxley Act Section 404 requirements for fixed asset internal controls; optimizing tax depreciation benefits; assisting corporate clients in reviewing their real estate occupancy strategy in an effort to reduce costs, improve operating efficiencies and raise capital; and various real estate appraisal purposes.
Tax Valuation: The company involves in tax valuations and related advisory services when tax laws and regulations stipulate that a valuation is required or when assistance is needed to implement a client's tax strategies. It offers tax valuation and advisory services for various transaction-related, compliance and planning purposes, including taxable reorganizations; purchase price allocations; inventory, fixed asset, intangible asset and goodwill valuations; net operating loss and built-in gains analyses; and estate and gift taxes.
State & Local Tax Services: The company provides tax valuation and consulting services for various transaction-related, compliance, planning, and dispute purposes.
Property tax services The company assists companies in identifying opportunities for property tax savings by reviewing their property tax assessments and liabilities. Its services include negotiating assessment appeals, providing property tax due diligence for acquisitions, preparing studies to remove non-taxable embedded costs, obtaining property tax exemptions, and providing general property tax consulting and compliance services.
Business incentives advisory State and local governments often offer valuable tax incentives in return for investments in their jurisdictions. The companys geographic network of business incentives experts provides it with specialized, local knowledge of the potential business incentives available to its clients.
Unclaimed property and tax risk advisory The companys professionals combine their experience and technical resources to help its clients manage their unclaimed property responsibilitie
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DUFF & PHELPS CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DUFF & PHELPS CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DUFF & PHELPS CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DUFF & PHELPS CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DUFF & PHELPS CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Duff & Phelps Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Duff & Phelps Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Duff & Phelps Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Duff & Phelps Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Duff & Phelps Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. DUFF & PHELPS CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DUFF & PHELPS CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DUFF & PHELPS CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DUFF & PHELPS CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DUFF & PHELPS CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DUFF & PHELPS CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Duff & Phelps Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Duff & Phelps Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Duff & Phelps Corporation Major Shareholders
Duff & Phelps Corporation History
Duff & Phelps Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Duff & Phelps Corporation Offices and Representations
Duff & Phelps Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Duff & Phelps Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Duff & Phelps Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Duff & Phelps Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
Duff & Phelps Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Duff & Phelps Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Duff & Phelps Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Duff & Phelps Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Duff & Phelps Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Duff & Phelps Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Duff & Phelps Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Duff & Phelps Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?