- The report contains detailed information about DnB NOR ASA that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for DnB NOR ASA. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The DnB NOR ASA financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes DnB NOR ASA competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of DnB NOR ASA business.
About DnB NOR ASA
DnB NOR ASA provides financial services in Norway. The companys operations include Corporate Banking, Retail Banking, Markets, Life and Pension, and Asset Management units.
The companys Retail Banking unit offers retail banking services to private individual customers, including different types of accounts. In Retail Banking the company network comprises 268 DnB NOR branches, 18 Nordlandsbanken branches and 37 Postbanken branches. The company provides Investment Advisory Services, which includes private banking, investment centres and external distribution.
Corporate Banking serves corporates, shipping clients and small and medium-sized companies in Norway. This unit offers various services in the corporate market and public sector, including leasing, rentals, fleet management, corporate loans, and factoring.
DnB NORs international network comprises six branches. In corporate finance and foreign exchange and interest rate instruments, Corporate Banking offers a various financial products and services.
The companys operations in Norway are organized in five customer divisions and also include the subsidiaries DnB NOR Finans, DnB NOR Næringsmegling and DnB NOR Hypotek and Nordlandsbankens activities in the corporate market.
DnB NOR provides services to Norwegian and international shipping and offshore clients from offices in Oslo, Bergen, London, New York and Singapore. Through the establishment of DnB NOR Markets Inc. in the United States, DnB NOR offers investment banking services, including merger and acquisition advisory services, to international clients, particularly in the shipping and energy sectors.
DnB NOR Finans is a finance company in Norway, offers various services in the corporate market and public sector, including leasing, rentals, fleet management, corporate loans and factoring.
DnB NOR provides capital markets operation in Norway. The Markets business area includes DnB NOR's securities and investment services. The business area focuses on customer activity, while trading for own account would be limited and adapted to core activities. Its key products include foreign exchange and interest rate products, securities and other investment products, debt and equity financing, research and advisory services, as well as custodial and other securities services.
Life and Pension
DnB NOR provides life insurance and unit linked products in Norway. The business area Life Insurance and Pensions in DnB NOR comprises Vital Forsikring ASA, including subsidiaries and the sister company Vital Link AS, as well as Gjensidige NOR Spareforsikring, including subsidiaries.
Life Insurance and Pensions is divided into divisions for corporate clients, retail clients and the public sector. The business area offers individual and group pensions to businesses, adapted to customer needs for defined-benefit, defined-contribution and single premium pension schemes. In the retail market, long-term savings alternatives are offered in the form of individual pension agreements and annuities. Life Insurance and Pensions also sells the savings products of other units in the DnB NOR Group, including investment funds from DnB NOR Asset Management, and equity-linked bonds from DnB NOR Markets. Other products include group life, endowment and personal insurance.
DnB NOR provides of mutual funds and discretionary asset management services in Norway. Asset Management serves the Norwegian and Swedish savings markets, offering domestic and international asset management services. Its operations are carried out under the brand names DnB NOR Asset Management in the Norwegian institutional market and DnB Investor and Avanse Forvaltning in the Norwegian retail market. The Asset Management services include investment fund and discretionary portfolio management.
DnB NOR ASA was formed through the merger between DnB Holding ASA and Gjensidige NOR ASA in December 2003.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DNB NOR ASA COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DNB NOR ASA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DNB NOR ASA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DNB NOR ASA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DNB NOR ASA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. DnB NOR ASA Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of DnB NOR ASA and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of DnB NOR ASA and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. DnB NOR ASA Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. DnB NOR ASA Industry Position Analysis
6. DNB NOR ASA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DNB NOR ASA EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DNB NOR ASA ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. NORWAY PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DNB NOR ASA IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DNB NOR ASA PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DNB NOR ASA VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
DnB NOR ASA Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
DnB NOR ASA Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
DnB NOR ASA Major Shareholders
DnB NOR ASA History
DnB NOR ASA Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
DnB NOR ASA Offices and Representations
DnB NOR ASA SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
DnB NOR ASA Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
DnB NOR ASA Capital Market Snapshot
DnB NOR ASA Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
DnB NOR ASA Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
DnB NOR ASA Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
DnB NOR ASA Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
DnB NOR ASA 1-year Stock Charts
DnB NOR ASA 5-year Stock Charts
DnB NOR ASA vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
DnB NOR ASA vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
DnB NOR ASA Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?