- The report contains detailed information about CorpBanca S.A. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for CorpBanca S.A.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The CorpBanca S.A. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes CorpBanca S.A. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of CorpBanca S.A. business.
About CorpBanca S.A.
CORPBANCA provides commercial and retail banking services to its customers. The company, through its subsidiaries, also provides financial advisory services, mutual fund management, insurance brokerage, and securities brokerage services.
The company provides integrated financial services and products to its customers through various channels, including ATMs, branches, Internet banking, and telephone banking. As of December 31, 2008, the company operated 109 branch offices in Chile, which includes 54 branches operating as CorpBanca, 55 branches operating as Banco Condell, its consumer finance division. In addition, as of December 31, 2008, the company owned and operated 205 ATMs in Chile, and its customers have access to approximately 7,000 ATMs (including BancoEstado ATMs) in Chile through its agreement with Redbanc S.A.
The company offers Internet banking to its customers 24 hours a day through its password-protected Internet site, www.bancocorpbanca.cl. Its Internet site offers a range of services, including up-to-date information on balances in deposit, checking, loan, credit card and other accounts, and transactional capabilities, such as transfers and payments. As of December 31, 2008, the company had approximately 55,000 customers with activated Internet passwords, allowing them to access its internet banking services. It also provides its customers with access to a phone-banking call center that grants them access to account information and allows them to effect certain payments by telephone.
The company has developed a specialized internet-based service designed to facilitate the financial management of its commercial customers. This service, which the company markets under the name Cash Management, includes services, such as payroll support and payments to suppliers. It has entered into various service and lease agreements with IBM de Chile S.A.C., which provides it with the computer hardware and network build-out that it uses in its headquarters and branch offices. The company has entered into a software consulting and development agreement with Datapro, Inc., which provides consulting and development for the IBS.
Large Companies and Corporate Division: The companys Large Companies business area offers clients a range of services tailored to fit their specific needs. These services include deposit-taking and lending in both pesos and foreign currencies, trade financing, general commercial loans, working capital loans, letters of credit, interest and exchange rate insurance, and cash flow management. The companys Corporate business area is focused on offering its clients a range of products, including working capital loans, credit lines, financial services, special advisory services, trade finance, syndicated loans, and currency forwards. As of December 31, 2008, the company had approximately 830 large companies and corporate banking customers.
Companies Division: The companys Companies Division provides services to various businesses. This area also serves small and medium-sized businesses and its factoring and leasing clients. This division offers its customers a range of financial products, including general commercial loans, working capital loans, trade finance, on-lending of financing originated by CORFO, overdraft credit lines, letters of credit, and mortgage loans. As of December 31, 2008, the company had approximately 6,900 Companies customers. The companys leasing business area consists of providing leasing services relating to commercial real estate, vehicles, machinery, and other items to its customers. Its factoring business area consists of purchasing outstanding recourse debt portfolios, such as bills, notes or contracts, advancing a payment representing the future cash flows from such assets, and then performing the related collection function.
The companys retail banking focuses on meeting the financial services needs of individuals in Chile. The retail banking area is organized into two divisions: Traditional and Private Banking, and Lower Income Retail Banking (Banco Condell), which offers products to lower income individuals.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CORPBANCA S.A. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CORPBANCA S.A. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CORPBANCA S.A. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CORPBANCA S.A. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CORPBANCA S.A. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. CorpBanca S.A. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of CorpBanca S.A. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of CorpBanca S.A. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. CorpBanca S.A. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. CorpBanca S.A. Industry Position Analysis
6. CORPBANCA S.A. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CORPBANCA S.A. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CORPBANCA S.A. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHILE PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CORPBANCA S.A. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CORPBANCA S.A. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CORPBANCA S.A. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
CorpBanca S.A. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
CorpBanca S.A. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
CorpBanca S.A. Major Shareholders
CorpBanca S.A. History
CorpBanca S.A. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
CorpBanca S.A. Offices and Representations
CorpBanca S.A. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
CorpBanca S.A. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
CorpBanca S.A. Capital Market Snapshot
CorpBanca S.A. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
CorpBanca S.A. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
CorpBanca S.A. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
CorpBanca S.A. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
CorpBanca S.A. 1-year Stock Charts
CorpBanca S.A. 5-year Stock Charts
CorpBanca S.A. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
CorpBanca S.A. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
CorpBanca S.A. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?