- The report contains detailed information about CME Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for CME Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The CME Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes CME Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of CME Group Inc. business.
About CME Group Inc.
CME Group Inc. operates the CME, CBOT, NYMEX, and COMEX self-regulatory exchanges. It serves the risk management and investment needs of customers worldwide. The companys customer base includes professional traders, financial institutions, institutional and individual investors, corporations, manufacturers, producers, and governments.
The company offers markets in futures and options on futures contracts based on the U.S. interest rate yield curve, equity indexes, foreign exchange, agricultural commodities, energy, metals, and alternative investment products. The companys products are traded through the CME Globex electronic trading platform, its open outcry auction markets in Chicago and New York City or through privately negotiated transactions that the company clears.
Interest Rate Products: The companys interest rate products enable banks and other financial institutions worldwide to hedge interest rate risks, and in turn help to reduce the overall cost of borrowing and financing. In 2009, the company extended its relationship with the British Bankers Association with a long-term agreement for its use of its London Interbank Offered Rate to settle various interest rate products, including its benchmark Eurodollar contract. As a result of its acquisition of CBOT, its interest rate products include CBOTs thirty-year U.S. Treasury bond futures and options on futures; ten-year, five-year and two-year U.S. Treasury note futures and options; interest rate swap futures and options; and federal funds futures and options.
In 2009, the company launched three-year Treasury note futures. In January 2010, the company launched its Ultra T-bond futures contract.
Equity Products: The companys equity products permit investors to obtain exposure, for hedging or speculative purposes, to changes in the weighting of one or more equity market sectors. The company is an equity index marketplace, offering futures and options products (including its E-mini contracts) on key benchmark equity indexes covering small-, medium- and large-cap companies in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. These include the Standard & Poors, Dow Jones, NASDAQ, Nikkei, MSCI and FTSE/Xinhua indexes, and others. The company has exclusive licensing arrangements with Standard & Poors Corporation (S&P), NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. (NASDAQ OMX), and Dow Jones & Company, Inc. (Dow Jones), which allows the company to offer futures and options on futures on their indexes, including its contracts based on the S&P 500 Index, the NASDAQ-100 Index and the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
Foreign Exchange Products: The companys foreign exchange market serves as a means of risk transfer for the global foreign exchange market, bringing together various client segments by offering investment, as well as risk management opportunities. The companys foreign exchange products provide the tools and resources to hedge foreign exchange risk, facilitating cross-border trade, and commerce while mitigating the risks to profitability due to fluctuations in the foreign exchange market. The companys foreign exchange market attracts both buy- and sell-side investors, including commercial and investment banks, hedge funds, commodity trading advisors, proprietary trading firms, and individual investors. In 2009, the company launched a series of smaller-sized foreign exchange contracts, called Forex E-Micros, designed to enable retail traders and investors to access the security, transparency, and liquidity of its products. The company also added Turkish Lira futures to its foreign exchange product suite.
The company offers approximately 40 foreign exchange futures and approximately 30 foreign exchange options on futures products, covering major, as well as various emerging market currency pairs in approximately 20 different currencies.
Commodity Products: The companys commodity products help establish benchmark prices and play an important role in risk management. These products provide hedging tools for its customers who deal in tangible physical commodities, including agricultural producers of commodities and food processors. The company has maintained a franchise in
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CME GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CME GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CME GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CME GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CME GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. CME Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of CME Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of CME Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. CME Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. CME Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CME GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CME GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CME GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CME GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CME GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CME GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
CME Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
CME Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
CME Group Inc. Major Shareholders
CME Group Inc. History
CME Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
CME Group Inc. Offices and Representations
CME Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
CME Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
CME Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
CME Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
CME Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
CME Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
CME Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
CME Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
CME Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
CME Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
CME Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
CME Group Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?