- The report contains detailed information about Citizens Bancorp of Virginia Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Citizens Bancorp of Virginia Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Citizens Bancorp of Virginia Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Citizens Bancorp of Virginia Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Citizens Bancorp of Virginia Inc. business.
About Citizens Bancorp of Virginia Inc.
Citizens Bancorp of Virginia, Inc. operates as the holding company for Citizens Bank and Trust Company, which provides retail and commercial banking services to businesses and individuals.
The banks financial services include commercial and consumer deposit accounts, various loans, online Internet banking, 24-hour ATM network, brokerage services, safe deposit boxes, wire transfer services, and other miscellaneous services incidental to the operation of a commercial bank. The bank also acts as an agent for Visa. Its primary trade areas are served by its 11 banking offices located in the counties of Nottoway, Amelia, Prince Edward, Chesterfield, the City of Colonial Heights, and the Town of South Hill, Virginia.
The bank holds a 0.352% ownership in Infinex Investments, Inc., which delivers investment services to customers through the use of a dual-employee broker. It also holds an 8.75% ownership interest in Bankers Title, LLC, which is a provider of title insurance. The bank has an ownership interest of 1.60% in CBB Financial Corp. whose sole subsidiary is Community Bankers Bank, a provider of correspondent banking services to financial institutions.
The bank offers a range of short to medium term commercial and consumer loans. Commercial loans include both secured and unsecured loans for working capital (including inventory and receivables), business expansion (including acquisition of real estate and improvements), and purchase of equipment and machinery. Consumer loans include secured and unsecured loans for financing automobiles, home improvements, education, and personal investments. It provides a range of real estate-secured loans and mortgages for businesses and consumers.
Commercial Loans: The bank makes commercial loans to qualified businesses in its market area. Commercial lending consists primarily of commercial and industrial loans to finance accounts receivable, inventory, property, plant, and equipment.
Residential Mortgage Loans: The banks residential mortgage loan portfolio consists of residential first and second mortgage loans, residential construction loans, and home equity lines of credit and term loans secured by first and second mortgages on the residences of borrowers for home improvements, education, and other personal expenditures.
Consumer Loans: The banks consumer loans consist primarily of installment loans to individuals for personal, family, and household purposes. The specific types of consumer loans that the bank makes include home improvement loans, debt consolidation loans, and general consumer lending.
As of December 31, 2009, the banks investment portfolio included U.S. treasury and other U.S. government agencies and mortgage-backed securities; and state and political subdivisions.
The bank's depository accounts consist of demand deposits, savings, money market accounts, and time deposits.
Citizens Bancorp of Virginia, Inc. was founded in 1873.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CITIZENS BANCORP OF VIRGINIA INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CITIZENS BANCORP OF VIRGINIA INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CITIZENS BANCORP OF VIRGINIA INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CITIZENS BANCORP OF VIRGINIA INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CITIZENS BANCORP OF VIRGINIA INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Citizens Bancorp of Virginia Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Citizens Bancorp of Virginia Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Citizens Bancorp of Virginia Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Citizens Bancorp of Virginia Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Citizens Bancorp of Virginia Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CITIZENS BANCORP OF VIRGINIA INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CITIZENS BANCORP OF VIRGINIA INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CITIZENS BANCORP OF VIRGINIA INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CITIZENS BANCORP OF VIRGINIA INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CITIZENS BANCORP OF VIRGINIA INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CITIZENS BANCORP OF VIRGINIA INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Citizens Bancorp of Virginia Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Citizens Bancorp of Virginia Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Citizens Bancorp of Virginia Inc. Major Shareholders
Citizens Bancorp of Virginia Inc. History
Citizens Bancorp of Virginia Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Citizens Bancorp of Virginia Inc. Offices and Representations
Citizens Bancorp of Virginia Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Citizens Bancorp of Virginia Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Citizens Bancorp of Virginia Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Citizens Bancorp of Virginia Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Citizens Bancorp of Virginia Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Citizens Bancorp of Virginia Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Citizens Bancorp of Virginia Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Citizens Bancorp of Virginia Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Citizens Bancorp of Virginia Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Citizens Bancorp of Virginia Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Citizens Bancorp of Virginia Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Citizens Bancorp of Virginia Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?