Citigroup, Inc. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
(Coronavirus Impact Assessment - Special Edition)
CORONAVIRUS IMPACT ASSESSMENT
COVID-19 impact is taken into consideration during the analysisCitigroup, Inc. Fundamental Company Report provides a complete overview of the company’s affairs. All available data is presented in a comprehensive and easily accessed format. The report includes financial and SWOT information, industry analysis, opinions, estimates, plus annual and quarterly forecasts made by stock market experts. The report also enables direct comparison to be made between Citigroup, Inc. and its competitors. This provides our Clients with a clear understanding of Citigroup, Inc. position in the Industry.
- The report contains detailed information about Citigroup, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Citigroup, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Citigroup, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Citigroup, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Citigroup, Inc. business.
About Citigroup, Inc.
Citigroup Inc. operates as a diversified financial services holding company. It provides a range of financial products and services, including consumer banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, and wealth management. The company serves consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions.
The company operates through two segments, including Citicorp, consisting of Regional Consumer Banking businesses and Institutional Clients Group; and Citi Holdings, consisting of Brokerage and Asset Management and Local Consumer Lending businesses, and a Special Asset Pool.
Citicorp is the companys global bank for consumers and businesses and represents Citis core franchise. Citicorp is focused on providing various financial products and services to customers. Citicorp offers services in approximately 140 countries. Citi serves financial services needs of multinational clients, retail, private banking, and commercial customers worldwide.
Citicorp consists of the following businesses: Regional Consumer Banking (which includes retail banking and Citi-branded cards in four regionsNorth America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia) and Institutional Clients Group (which includes Securities and Banking and Transaction Services).
REGIONAL CONSUMER BANKING
Regional Consumer Banking (RCB) consists of Citigroups four regional consumer banks that provide traditional banking services to retail customers. RCB also contains Citigroups branded cards business and small commercial banking business. RCB is a globally diversified business with approximately 4,000 branches in 39 countries worldwide.
NORTH AMERICA REGIONAL CONSUMER BANKING
North America Regional Consumer Banking (NA RCB) provides traditional banking and Citi-branded card services to retail customers and small to mid-size businesses in the U.S. NA RCBs approximately 1,000 retail bank branches and 12 million retail customer accounts are concentrated in the greater metropolitan areas of New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Miami, Washington, D.C., Boston, Philadelphia, and Texas.
EMEA REGIONAL CONSUMER BANKING
EMEA Regional Consumer Banking (EMEA RCB) provides traditional banking and Citi-branded card services to retail customers and small to mid-size businesses, primarily in Central and eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. The countries in which EMEA RCB operates include Poland, Turkey, Russia, and the United Arab Emirates.
LATIN AMERICA REGIONAL CONSUMER BANKING
Latin America Regional Consumer Banking (LATAM RCB) provides traditional banking and Citi-branded card services to retail customers and small to mid-size businesses in Mexico and Brazil. LATAM RCB includes branch networks throughout Latin America, as well as Banamex, a bank with approximately 1,700 branches in Mexico.
ASIA REGIONAL CONSUMER BANKING
Asia Regional Consumer Banking (Asia RCB) provides traditional banking and Citi-branded card services to retail customers and small to mid-size businesses in South Korea, Australia, Singapore, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Japan, and Hong Kong.
INSTITUTIONAL CLIENTS GROUP
Institutional Clients Group (ICG) includes Securities and Banking and Transaction Services. ICG provides corporate, institutional and high-net-worth clients with a range of products and services, including cash management, trading, underwriting, lending, and advisory services worldwide.
SECURITIES AND BANKING
Securities and Banking (S&B) offers various investment and commercial banking services and products for corporations, governments, institutional and retail investors, and ultra-high-net worth individuals. S&B includes investment banking and advisory services, lending, debt and equity sales and trading, institutional brokerage, foreign exchange, structured products, cash instruments and related derivatives, and private banking.
Transaction Services is composed of Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) and Securities and Fund Services (SFS). TTS provides cash management and trade finance for corporations, financial institutions, and public sector entities worldwide. SFS p
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CITIGROUP, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CITIGROUP, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CITIGROUP, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CITIGROUP, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CITIGROUP, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Citigroup, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Citigroup, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Citigroup, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Citigroup, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Citigroup, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CITIGROUP, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CITIGROUP, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Consensus
7.2. Experts Revisions
8. CITIGROUP, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CITIGROUP, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CITIGROUP, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CITIGROUP, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Citigroup, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Citigroup, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Citigroup, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Citigroup, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Citigroup, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Citigroup, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Citigroup, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Citigroup, Inc. Key Executives
Citigroup, Inc. Major Shareholders
Citigroup, Inc. History
Citigroup, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Citigroup, Inc. Offices and Representations
Citigroup, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Citigroup, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Citigroup, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Citigroup, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Citigroup, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Citigroup, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?