- The report contains detailed information about Carver Bancorp Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Carver Bancorp Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Carver Bancorp Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Carver Bancorp Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Carver Bancorp Inc. business.
About Carver Bancorp Inc.
Carver Bancorp, Inc. operates as the holding company for Carver Federal Savings Bank that provides various consumer and commercial banking services. As of March 31, 2010, the company operated 9 branches in the Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens boroughs of New York City.
The company provides deposit products, including demand, savings and time deposits for consumers, businesses, and governmental and quasi-governmental agencies in its local market area within New York City. In addition to deposit products, it offers various other consumer and commercial banking products and services, including debit cards, online banking, including online bill pay, and telephone banking.
The companys primary lending market includes Bronx, Kings, New York and Queens counties in New York City, and lower Westchester County, New York. Its loan portfolio consists primarily of mortgage loans originated by the Banks lending teams and secured by commercial real estate, multi-family and one-to-four family residential property and construction loans.
Non-residential Real Estate Lending: Non-residential real estate lending consists predominantly of originating loans for the purpose of purchasing or refinancing office, mixed-use (properties used for both commercial and residential purposes and predominantly commercial), retail and church buildings in its market area. Mixed use loans are secured by properties which are intended for both residential and business use and are classified as commercial real estate. The company offers adjustable rate mortgage (ARM) loans with interest rate adjustment periods of one to five years and generally for terms of approximately 15 years.
Multi-family Real Estate Lending: The company originates and purchases multi-family loans. It originates and purchases multi-family loans, which are predominantly adjustable rate loans that generally amortize on the basis of a 15-, 20-, 25- or 30-year period and require a balloon payment after the first 5 years. It occasionally originates fixed rate loans with greater than five year terms. Personal guarantees may be obtained for additional security from these borrowers.
Construction Lending: The company originates or participates in construction loans for new construction and renovation of multi-family buildings, residential developments, community service facilities, churches, and affordable housing programs.
One-to-four Family Residential Lending: The company focuses on the origination and purchase of first mortgage loans secured by one-to-four family properties that serve as the primary residence of the owner.
Business Loans: The company provides revolving credit and term loan facilities to small businesses. Business loans are typically personally guaranteed by the owners, and may also be secured by additional collateral, including real estate, equipment and inventory. Included in commercial business loans are loans made to owners of New York City taxi medallions.
Consumer and other Loans: The companys consumer loans were unsecured loans, consisting of consumer loans, other than loans secured by savings deposits.
Mortgage-Backed Securities: The company maintains a portfolio of mortgage-backed securities in the form of Government National Mortgage Association (GNMA) pass-through certificates, Federal National Mortgage Association (FNMA), and Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp (FHLMC) participation certificates. GNMA pass-through certificates are guaranteed as to the payment of principal and interest by the faith and credit of the United States Government while FNMA and FHLMC certificates are each guaranteed by their respective agencies as to principal and interest. Mortgage-backed securities generally entitle Carver Federal to receive a pro rata portion of the cash flows from an identified pool of mortgages.
Other Investment Securities: In addition to mortgage-backed securities, the company also invests in assets (primarily government and agency obligations) with short and intermediate terms (typically seven years or less) to maturity.
Carver Bancorp, Inc. was founded in 1948.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CARVER BANCORP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CARVER BANCORP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CARVER BANCORP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CARVER BANCORP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CARVER BANCORP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Carver Bancorp Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Carver Bancorp Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Carver Bancorp Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Carver Bancorp Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Carver Bancorp Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CARVER BANCORP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CARVER BANCORP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CARVER BANCORP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CARVER BANCORP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CARVER BANCORP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CARVER BANCORP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Carver Bancorp Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Carver Bancorp Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Carver Bancorp Inc. Major Shareholders
Carver Bancorp Inc. History
Carver Bancorp Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Carver Bancorp Inc. Offices and Representations
Carver Bancorp Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Carver Bancorp Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Carver Bancorp Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Carver Bancorp Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Carver Bancorp Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Carver Bancorp Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Carver Bancorp Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Carver Bancorp Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Carver Bancorp Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Carver Bancorp Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Carver Bancorp Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Carver Bancorp Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?