- The report contains detailed information about Carrollton Bancorp that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Carrollton Bancorp. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Carrollton Bancorp financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Carrollton Bancorp competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Carrollton Bancorp business.
About Carrollton Bancorp
Carrollton Bancorp operates as the holding company for Carrollton Bank, which provides commercial and retail banking services to individuals, businesses, professionals, and governments in Maryland.
As of December 31, 2009, the bank had a total of 10 full-service branch locations in Maryland with 2 branch locations in Baltimore City; 3 branch locations in Anne Arundel County; 4 branches in Baltimore County; and 1 branch in Harford County. The bank also has a limited-service branch in Howard County.
The bank's wholly owned subsidiaries are Carrollton Mortgage Services, Inc. (CMSI), which is used primarily to originate and sell residential mortgage loans; Carrollton Financial Services, Inc. (CFS), which provides brokerage services; and Mulberry Street LLC (MSLLC), which is used to dispose of other real estate owned. Carrollton Community Development Corporation (CCDC) is a 96.4% owned subsidiary of the bank, which promotes, develops, and improves the housing and economic conditions of people in Maryland, particularly the Metropolitan Baltimore area.
The banks lending products include commercial loans for businesses, including loans for working capital purposes, equipment purchases, and accounts receivable and inventory financing. It also offers commercial and residential real estate loans for acquisition, refinancing, and construction. In addition, it offers consumer loans, including automobile loans, home mortgage loans, home improvement loans, home equity loans, installment loans boats and recreational vehicles (RV), and overdraft lines of credit. It also offers loans guaranteed by the United States Small Business Administration. It also makes loans secured by deposit accounts and common stocks.
The banks first and second residential mortgage loans, made principally through its subsidiary, CMSI, enable customers to purchase or refinance residential properties. Home equity lines of credit are typically second mortgage loans (first mortgages) secured by the borrower's primary residence structured as a revolving borrowing line. Commercial and investment mortgage loans are first mortgage loans made to individuals or to businesses to finance acquisitions of plant or earning assets, such as rental property. Construction and land development loans are loans to finance the acquisition and development of parcels of land and to construct residential housing or commercial property. Home improvement loans are loans made to borrowers to complete improvements to their homes including such projects as room additions, swimming pool installations, or new roofs.
The bank also offers Internet banking, including electronic bill payment; letters of credit and remittance services; credit and debit card services; merchant credit card deposit servicing; brokerage services for stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and annuities; a 24-hour ATM network; after-hours depository services; safe deposit boxes; and other services, such as direct deposit, wire transfers, and IRAs.
The bank offers a range of personal and commercial types of deposit accounts and services, including noninterest-bearing demand checking, interest-bearing checking (NOW accounts), savings, money market, certificates of deposit, and individual retirement accounts.
The banks investment portfolio comprises the U.S. government agency securities, state and municipal bonds, corporate bonds, and mortgage-backed securities.
Carrollton Bancorp was founded in 1990.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CARROLLTON BANCORP COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CARROLLTON BANCORP BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CARROLLTON BANCORP SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CARROLLTON BANCORP FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CARROLLTON BANCORP COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Carrollton Bancorp Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Carrollton Bancorp and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Carrollton Bancorp and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Carrollton Bancorp Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Carrollton Bancorp Industry Position Analysis
6. CARROLLTON BANCORP NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CARROLLTON BANCORP EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CARROLLTON BANCORP ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CARROLLTON BANCORP IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CARROLLTON BANCORP PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CARROLLTON BANCORP VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Carrollton Bancorp Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Carrollton Bancorp Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Carrollton Bancorp Major Shareholders
Carrollton Bancorp History
Carrollton Bancorp Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Carrollton Bancorp Offices and Representations
Carrollton Bancorp SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Carrollton Bancorp Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Carrollton Bancorp Capital Market Snapshot
Carrollton Bancorp Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Carrollton Bancorp Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Carrollton Bancorp Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Carrollton Bancorp Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Carrollton Bancorp 1-year Stock Charts
Carrollton Bancorp 5-year Stock Charts
Carrollton Bancorp vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Carrollton Bancorp vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Carrollton Bancorp Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?