- The report contains detailed information about Camden National Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Camden National Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Camden National Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Camden National Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Camden National Corp. business.
About Camden National Corp.
Camden National Corporation operates as the holding company for Camden National Bank, which provides commercial and consumer banking products and services to consumer, institutional, municipal, non-profit, and commercial customers.
The company offers its products and services in the Maine counties of Androscoggin, Cumberland, Franklin, Knox, Lincoln, Penobscot, Piscataquis, Somerset, Waldo and York, and focuses primarily on attracting deposits from the general public through its branches, and then using such deposits to originate loans. Customers may also access its products and services using other channels, including its Web site located at www.camdennational.com. It operates through a network of 37 banking offices and ATMs. Union Trust, a division of the company, has nine branches located throughout Hancock and Washington counties, Maine, and a Web site located at www.uniontrust.com.
The company offers brokerage and insurance services through Acadia Financial Consultants (AFC). Its financial offerings include college, retirement, and estate planning, mutual funds, strategic asset management accounts, and variable and fixed annuities.
The company's wholly-owned subsidiary, Acadia Trust, N.A., is a national banking association chartered under the laws of the United States with a limited purpose trust charter, and has its principal office in Portland, Maine, and a Web site located at www.acadiatrust.com. Acadia Trust provides a range of trust, trust-related, investment and wealth management services, in addition to retirement and pension plan management services, to both individual and institutional clients. The financial services provided by Acadia Trust complement the services provided by the company by offering customers investment management services.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys loan portfolio included residential real estate loans, commercial real estate loans, commercial loans, and consumer loans.
The company's residential real estate loans consist of loans secured by one-to-four family residences.
The company's commercial real estate loans consist of loans secured by income and non-income producing commercial real estate. It focuses on lending to business customers within its geographic marketplace, as well as offering loans for the acquisition, development, and construction of commercial real estate.
The company's commercial loans consist of loans secured by various corporate assets, as well as loans to provide working capital in the form of lines of credit, which may be secured or unsecured. Municipal loans primarily consist of short-term tax anticipation notes made to municipalities for fixed asset or construction related purposes and are included in commercial loans. The company focuses on lending to business customers and municipalities.
The company's consumer loans are originated for various purposes designed to meet the needs of customers. Consumer loans include overdraft protection, automobile, boat, recreation vehicle, and mobile home loans, home equity loans and lines, and secured and unsecured personal loans.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys investment portfolio included obligations of US government sponsored enterprises; obligations of states and political subdivisions; mortgage-backed securities issued or guaranteed by US government sponsored enterprises; private issue collateralized mortgage obligations; and equity securities.
The companys deposit products include checking accounts (demand deposit and NOW accounts), savings, money market accounts, and time deposits.
Camden National Corporation was founded in 1875.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CAMDEN NATIONAL CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CAMDEN NATIONAL CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CAMDEN NATIONAL CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CAMDEN NATIONAL CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CAMDEN NATIONAL CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Camden National Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Camden National Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Camden National Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Camden National Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Camden National Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. CAMDEN NATIONAL CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CAMDEN NATIONAL CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CAMDEN NATIONAL CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CAMDEN NATIONAL CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CAMDEN NATIONAL CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CAMDEN NATIONAL CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Camden National Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Camden National Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Camden National Corp. Major Shareholders
Camden National Corp. History
Camden National Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Camden National Corp. Offices and Representations
Camden National Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Camden National Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Camden National Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Camden National Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Camden National Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Camden National Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Camden National Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Camden National Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Camden National Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Camden National Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Camden National Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Camden National Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?