- The report contains detailed information about BFC Financial Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for BFC Financial Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The BFC Financial Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes BFC Financial Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of BFC Financial Corporation business.
About BFC Financial Corporation
BFC Financial Corporation operates as a diversified holding company. The company has investments in companies engaged in retail and commercial banking, homebuilding, master planned community development and time share and vacation ownership. It also owns an interest in an Asian- themed restaurant chain and various real estate and venture capital investments.
The companys principal holdings consist of direct controlling interests in BankAtlantic Bancorp, Inc. (BankAtlantic Bancorp) and Levitt Corporation (Levitt). It also holds a direct non-controlling investment in Benihana, Inc. (Benihana).
The company has operations in three segments: BFC Activities, Financial Services and Homebuilding & Real Estate Development.
BFC Activities Segment
BFC Activities segment includes all of the operations and all of the assets owned by the company other than BankAtlantic Bancorp and its subsidiaries and Levitt and its subsidiaries. This segment includes dividends from the companys investment in Benihanas convertible preferred stock and other securities and investments, advisory fee income and operating expenses from Cypress Creek Capital, Inc. (CCC), interest income from loans receivable, income from the shared service arrangement with BankAtlantic Bancorp, Levitt and Bluegreen.
CCC is a wholly-owned real estate investment banking and investment company that provides equity capital, debt placement and advisory services for developers that are active in the residential and commercial markets.
Benihana operates teppanyaki-style restaurants in the United States and has rights to own, develop and license Benihana and Benihana Grill restaurants in the United States, Central and South America and the islands of the Caribbean.
Financial Services Segment
Financial Services segment consists of BankAtlantic Bancorp, which is consolidated with BFC Financial Corporation. BankAtlantic provides a line of products and services encompassing consumer and commercial banking. It operates through two business segments consisting of BankAtlantic and BankAtlantic Bancorp, the parent company.
BankAtlantic is a federally-insured savings bank. It is a financial institution headquartered in Florida and provides traditional retail banking services and a range of commercial banking products and related financial services through a network of approximately 90 branches or stores in southeast Florida and the Tampa Bay area, primarily in the metropolitan areas surrounding the cities of Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach and Tampa, which are located in the heavily-populated Florida counties of Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Hillsborough and Pinellas. BankAtlantics primary business activities include: attracting checking and savings deposits (core deposits) from individuals and business customers; originating commercial real estate, business, consumer and small business loans; purchasing wholesale residential loans; and investing in mortgage-backed securities, tax certificates and other securities.
BankAtlantic offers various lending products to its customers. Its primary lending products include commercial real estate loans, commercial business loans, standby letters of credit and commitments, consumer loans, small business loans and residential loans.
Commercial Real Estate: BankAtlantic provides commercial real estate loans for the acquisition, development and construction of various property types, as well as the refinancing and acquisition of existing income-producing properties. These loans are primarily secured by property located in Florida. Additionally, BankAtlantic sells participations in commercial real estate loans that it originates and administers the loan and provides to participants periodic reports on the progress of the project for which the loan was made.
Consumer: Consumer loans are primarily loans to individuals originated through BankAtlantics retail network and sales force. The majority of its originations are home equity lines of credit secured by a first or second mortgage on the primary residence of the borrower.
Small Business: BankAtlantic makes small business loa
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BFC FINANCIAL CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BFC FINANCIAL CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BFC FINANCIAL CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BFC FINANCIAL CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BFC FINANCIAL CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. BFC Financial Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of BFC Financial Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of BFC Financial Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. BFC Financial Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. BFC Financial Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. BFC FINANCIAL CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BFC FINANCIAL CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BFC FINANCIAL CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BFC FINANCIAL CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BFC FINANCIAL CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BFC FINANCIAL CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
BFC Financial Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
BFC Financial Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
BFC Financial Corporation Major Shareholders
BFC Financial Corporation History
BFC Financial Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
BFC Financial Corporation Offices and Representations
BFC Financial Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
BFC Financial Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
BFC Financial Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
BFC Financial Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
BFC Financial Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
BFC Financial Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
BFC Financial Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
BFC Financial Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
BFC Financial Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
BFC Financial Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
BFC Financial Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
BFC Financial Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?