- The report contains detailed information about Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc. business.
About Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc.
Berkshire Hills Bancorp, Inc. operates as the holding company for Berkshire Bank, which offers a commercial and consumer banking services to retail, commercial, not-for-profit, and municipal customers.
The company offers a range of deposit, lending, investment, wealth management, and insurance products. Its product offerings also include retail and commercial electronic banking, commercial cash management, and commercial interest rate swaps. The companys other subsidiary is Berkshire Insurance Group, an independent insurance agency, which provides commercial and consumer insurance services in western Massachusetts.
The company operates approximately 45 financial centers, including 40 bank branches, as well as insurance offices throughout western Massachusetts, northeastern New York, and in southern Vermont. Its traditional commercial banking products are offered with in its regions and to commercial relationships in Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island.
Residential mortgages: The company offers fixed-rate and adjustable-rate residential mortgage loans with maturities of up to 30 years that are amortizing with monthly loan payments. It sells its newly originated fixed rate mortgages. It also sells loans to other secondary market investors, either on a servicing retained or servicing released basis. The company offers adjustable rate (ARM) mortgages which do not contain interest-only or negative amortization features. It originates loans to individuals for the construction and acquisition of personal residences.
Commercial Mortgages: The company originates commercial mortgages on properties used for business purposes, such as small office buildings, industrial, healthcare, lodging, recreation, or retail facilities. This portfolio also includes commercial 1-4 family and multifamily properties. The company originates construction loans to builders and commercial borrowers in and around its markets. Construction loans finance the acquisition and/or improvement of commercial and residential properties.
Commercial Business Loans: The company offers secured commercial term loans with repayment terms which are limited to the expected useful life of the asset being financed, not exceeding seven years. It also offers revolving loans, lines of credit, letters of credit, time notes and small business administration guaranteed loans. Commercial business loans are secured by collateral, such as accounts receivable, inventory, and equipment.
Consumer Loans: The companys consumer loans consist principally of prime indirect automobile loans and home equity loans. Its home equity lines of credit are secured by first or second mortgages on borrowers residences. Home equity lines have an initial revolving period up to ten years, followed by an amortizing term up to 15 years. Home equity loans also include amortizing fixed-rate second mortgages with terms up to 15 years. It also includes other consumer loans in this portfolio, including personal secured and unsecured loans and overdraft protection facilities.
Investment Securities Activities
As of December 31, 2009, the companys investment portfolio included municipal bonds and obligations; government guaranteed residential mortgage-backed securities; government-sponsored residential mortgage-backed securities; corporate bonds; and trust preferred securities.
The companys deposit accounts consist of interest-bearing checking, noninterest-bearing checking, regular savings, money market savings, and time certificates of deposit. It emphasizes its transaction deposits checking and NOW accounts for personal accounts and checking accounts promoted to businesses. The company offers a courtesy overdraft program to improve customer service, and also provides debit cards and other electronic fee producing payment services to transaction account customers. Savings accounts include traditional passbook and statement accounts. Additionally, it offers various retirement deposit accounts to personal and business customers.
Wealth Management Services
The companys Asset Management/Trust Group provides consultative investment management and trust relationships to individuals, businesses, and institutions, with an emphasis on personal investment management. Specialized wealth management services offered include investment management, trust administration, estate planning, and private banking. The group provides a line of investment products, financial planning, and brokerage services utilizing Commonwealth Financial Network as the broker/dealer.
Berkshire Insurance Group offers a line of personal and commercial property and casualty insurance. It also offers employee benefits insurance and a line of personal life, health, and financial services insurance products. Berkshire Insurance Group sells various lines of insurance in western Massachusetts, southern Vermont, Upstate New York, and northwestern Connecticut.
The companys competitors include Bank of America, TD Bank, and Citizens Bank.
Berkshire Hills Bancorp, Inc. was founded in 1846.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BERKSHIRE HILLS BANCORP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BERKSHIRE HILLS BANCORP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BERKSHIRE HILLS BANCORP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BERKSHIRE HILLS BANCORP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BERKSHIRE HILLS BANCORP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BERKSHIRE HILLS BANCORP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BERKSHIRE HILLS BANCORP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BERKSHIRE HILLS BANCORP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BERKSHIRE HILLS BANCORP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BERKSHIRE HILLS BANCORP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BERKSHIRE HILLS BANCORP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc. Major Shareholders
Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc. History
Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc. Offices and Representations
Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?