- The report contains detailed information about Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. business.
About Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc.
Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. operates as the holding company for Beacon Federal, which provides various banking services in New York, Massachusetts, Texas, and Tennessee.
The companys principal business includes originating one- to four-family residential mortgage loans, consumer loans, home equity loans, commercial real estate loans, multi-family mortgage loans, and commercial business loans.
The company owns 100% of the common stock of Beacon Comprehensive Services, Inc., which sells tax preparation services, as well as investment and insurance products on an agency basis, primarily to customers of the company.
The company conducts operations from its headquarters and seven retail branch offices located in New York, Massachusetts, Tennessee, and Texas. It operates a network of 23 free-standing ATMs in Onondaga, contiguous counties in New York, and 1 ATM in Tennessee. It also a member of the Allpoint network, which provides its customers surcharge-free access to approximately 37,000 ATMs worldwide. Its primary market area consists of the six counties in which it has its offices: Onondaga and Oneida Counties, New York, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, Rutherford and Warren Counties, Tennessee, and Smith County, Texas.
The company's principal lending activity is the origination of real estate mortgage loans to purchase or refinance one- to four-family residential real estate, as well as home equity loans, indirect auto loans, and other consumer loans, along with commercial business loans, commercial real estate loans, and multi-family real estate mortgage loans.
One- to Four-Family Residential Mortgage Loans: The company offers residential mortgage loans that conform to Freddie Mac underwriting standards (conforming loans) and non-conforming loans. It offers fixed-rate conventional mortgage loans with terms of up to 30 years, and adjustable-rate mortgage loans that provide an initial fixed interest rate for one, three, five, seven or ten years. It originates both fixed- and adjustable-rate mortgage loans. The company also originates loans above the lending limit for conforming loans (jumbo loans).
Multi-Family Residential Mortgage Loans: Multi-family real estate mortgage loans are secured by multi-family rental properties, such as apartment buildings.
Commercial Real Estate Loans: The company originates commercial real estate loans secured primarily by office buildings. Its commercial real estate loans are secured by properties located in upstate New York and the Nashville, Tennessee area. Its commercial real estate loans are primarily written as 5- or 10-year adjustable-rate mortgages. It also originates 10- to 15-year fixed-rate, fully amortizing loans.
Construction Loans: The company originates construction loans for the purchase of developed lots and raw land and for the construction of single-family residences. Construction loans are offered to individuals for the construction of their personal residences (owner-occupied), and to qualified developers. The company grants construction loans to area builders, often in conjunction with development loans.
Commercial Business Loans: The company makes various types of secured and unsecured commercial business loans to customers in its market area for the purpose of acquiring equipment and other general business purposes.
Home Equity Loans: The company offers home equity loans, which are primarily secured by first or second mortgages on one- to four-family residences. It offers home equity loan products, including both installment loans and revolving credit loans.
Consumer Loans: The company offers direct and indirect automobile loans. It offers various other consumer loans, principally to customers with acceptable credit ratings residing in its primary market area. The companys other consumer loans consist of secured and unsecured personal loans, motorcycle, motor home loans, and boat loans.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys investment portfolio consisted of mortgage-backed securities issued or guaranteed by the United States Government or United States Government-sponsored enterprises; United States Government Agency collateralized mortgage obligations; private label collateralized mortgage obligations; debt securities issued by the United States Government, agencies of the United States Government, or United States Government-sponsored enterprises; and pooled trust preferred securities.
The company offers various deposit accounts, including savings accounts, health savings accounts, certificates of deposit, NOW accounts, money market accounts, non-interest bearing checking accounts, and individual retirement accounts.
Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. was founded in 1953.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BEACON FEDERAL BANCORP, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BEACON FEDERAL BANCORP, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BEACON FEDERAL BANCORP, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BEACON FEDERAL BANCORP, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BEACON FEDERAL BANCORP, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BEACON FEDERAL BANCORP, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BEACON FEDERAL BANCORP, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BEACON FEDERAL BANCORP, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BEACON FEDERAL BANCORP, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BEACON FEDERAL BANCORP, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BEACON FEDERAL BANCORP, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. Major Shareholders
Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. History
Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. Offices and Representations
Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?