- The report contains detailed information about BBVA Banco Frances S.A. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for BBVA Banco Frances S.A.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The BBVA Banco Frances S.A. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes BBVA Banco Frances S.A. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of BBVA Banco Frances S.A. business.
About BBVA Banco Frances S.A.
BBVA Banco Frances S.A. provides financial services to large corporations, medium and small companies, and individuals in the Republic of Argentina. The company conducts capital markets and securities operations directly in the over-the-counter market and indirectly on the Buenos Aires Stock Exchange. The company also operates in the mutual fund portfolio management and pension fund industries.
The companys branch system operates as a distribution network for the products and services that it offers to its customers. Its 237 branches are complemented by other distribution channels, such as 639 automatic teller machines or ATMs, as of December 2008, a telephone banking service and an Internet banking service called Frances Net, which serves approximately 300,000 active clients. The company is a member of Banelco S.A., a corporation owned by seven partner banks, and that includes 18 participating banks, and its ATMs are part of the Banelco Network (Red Banelco Banelco). The customers of all the participating banks have access to the Banelco Network, which comprises approximately 4,341 ATMs throughout Argentina.
The Corporate Banking Division focuses on the business with large international and domestic companies that belong to an international group. This division has three branches provides services to groups of companies from Europe, the United States and the rest of the world, and companies based in Argentina.
In 2008, the Investment Banking focused mainly on local financing, keeping its share in the Mergers and Acquisition business.
Trading and Brokerage
As of December 31, 2008, the company routinely traded (on behalf of its customers and for its own account) corporate and Government bonds, money market instruments and foreign currency. In 2008, the company was one of the brokers in the bond market through the MAE (Mercado Abierto Electrónico, an over-the-counter market) and a medium broker in securities market through Frances Valores, an affiliate company registered in Mercado de Valores de Buenos Aires S.A. (MERVAL).
Middle Market Banking
The Middle Market Division handles its relations with small and medium-sized companies. The company has the network in Argentina specialized in serving the small and medium-sized company segment. It offers special services to approximately 13,000 customers in 180 branches in Argentina, 27 of which take care of companies.
The Commercial Banking Division is in charge of commercial relations with individuals and small companies. This division serves its customers through a diversified distribution network, which offers 237 contact points, including branches and different electronic media.
Payroll accounts are one of the main transactional products managed by the company.
The company provides advisory services to its customers in the selection of the adequate coverage of risks related to life, personal accidents and home insurance and ATMs robbery insurance, within a range of products offered by certain insurance companies.
The company has equity interests in these companies, including 12.22% of the capital stock of BBVA Consolidar Seguros S.A., 65.96% of Consolidar Companía de Seguros de Vida S.A. (a company that offers life insurance to the persons with retirement accounts at Consolidar AFJP), 66.67% of Consolidar Compania de Seguros de Retiro S.A. (a company that offers retirement plans) and 12.5% of Consolidar ART S.A. (a workers compensation insurance company that offers labor risk insurance to corporations pursuant to a statutory framework established by the Labor Risks Law).
Automatic Teller Machines:
The company has a total network of 639 working ATMs; 174 new ATMs in-branches (replacement or expansion); and 18 ATMs installed at companies' facilities, which support new banking business.
Portfolio management includes service for companies and high-income individuals, providing professional investment management modified to each customers particular needs and investor profile. Financial institutions and insurance companies are permitted to invest in pension and retirement fund management companies in Argentina.
BBVA Banco Frances S.A. was founded in 1886.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BBVA BANCO FRANCES S.A. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BBVA BANCO FRANCES S.A. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BBVA BANCO FRANCES S.A. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BBVA BANCO FRANCES S.A. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BBVA BANCO FRANCES S.A. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. BBVA Banco Frances S.A. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of BBVA Banco Frances S.A. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of BBVA Banco Frances S.A. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. BBVA Banco Frances S.A. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. BBVA Banco Frances S.A. Industry Position Analysis
6. BBVA BANCO FRANCES S.A. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BBVA BANCO FRANCES S.A. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BBVA BANCO FRANCES S.A. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. ARGENTINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BBVA BANCO FRANCES S.A. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BBVA BANCO FRANCES S.A. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BBVA BANCO FRANCES S.A. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
BBVA Banco Frances S.A. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
BBVA Banco Frances S.A. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
BBVA Banco Frances S.A. Major Shareholders
BBVA Banco Frances S.A. History
BBVA Banco Frances S.A. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
BBVA Banco Frances S.A. Offices and Representations
BBVA Banco Frances S.A. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
BBVA Banco Frances S.A. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
BBVA Banco Frances S.A. Capital Market Snapshot
BBVA Banco Frances S.A. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
BBVA Banco Frances S.A. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
BBVA Banco Frances S.A. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
BBVA Banco Frances S.A. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
BBVA Banco Frances S.A. 1-year Stock Charts
BBVA Banco Frances S.A. 5-year Stock Charts
BBVA Banco Frances S.A. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
BBVA Banco Frances S.A. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
BBVA Banco Frances S.A. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?