- The report contains detailed information about Bank of the James Financial Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Bank of the James Financial Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Bank of the James Financial Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Bank of the James Financial Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Bank of the James Financial Group Inc. business.
About Bank of the James Financial Group Inc.
Bank of the James Financial Group, Inc. operates as the holding company for Bank of the James, which provides retail and commercial banking services in Virginia.
The company conducts business from nine full-service offices, four offices are located in Lynchburg, Virginia; one full-service location is located in Madison Heights, Virginia; one is located in the Town of Amherst, Virginia; one is located in Forest, Virginia; one is located in the City of Bedford, Virginia; and one is located in the Town of Altavista, Virginia. Its market area primarily consists of Region 2000, which encompasses the seven jurisdictions of the Town of Altavista, Amherst County, Appomattox County, the City of Bedford, Bedford County, Campbell County, and the City of Lynchburg.
The company offers a range of short- to medium-term commercial and consumer loans. It primarily focuses on making loans to small businesses and consumers in the Region 2000 market area. In addition, it also provides a range of real estate finance services.
Commercial Business Lending: The company makes loans to small- and medium-sized businesses in Region 2000 for purposes, such as purchases of equipment, facilities upgrades, inventory acquisition, and various working capital purposes.
Real Estate Construction: The company makes commercial and residential construction and development loans to customers in its market area.
Commercial Real Estate Mortgage: The company grants loans to borrowers secured by commercial real estate.
Consumer: The company offers various types of secured and unsecured consumer loans, including personal loans, lines of credit, overdraft lines of credit, automobile loans, installment loans, demand loans, and home equity loans. It makes consumer loans primarily for personal, family, or household purposes.
Consumer Residential Mortgage Origination: The company, through Bank of the James Mortgage, a Division of Bank of the James (the Mortgage Division) originates consumer residential mortgage loans. Through the Mortgage Division, the company originates conforming and non-conforming home mortgages primarily in the Region 2000 area.
The company offers various deposit services, including checking accounts, savings accounts, and other time deposits of various types, ranging from daily money market accounts to longer-term certificates of deposit to individuals, businesses, associations and organizations, and governmental authorities. In addition, the company offers its customers individual retirement accounts (IRAs).
Other services offered by the company include safe deposit boxes, travelers checks, direct deposit of payroll and social security checks, automatic drafts for various accounts, and credit card merchant services. The company also has become associated with a shared network of automated teller machines (ATMs) that might be used by its customers throughout Virginia, the United States; and internationally.
Brokerage and Investment Services
The company provides brokerage and investment services through its investment division. Investment provides securities brokerage services to its customers and others through an agreement with Waterford Securities, Inc. (Waterford), a registered broker-dealer.
The company provides insurance and annuity products through BOTJ Insurance, Inc. (BOTJ Insurance) as an agent for national insurance companies. It offers the following insurance products: credit life, life insurance, fixed annuities, and disability insurance.
Bank of the James Financial Group, Inc. was incorporated in 1998.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BANK OF THE JAMES FINANCIAL GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BANK OF THE JAMES FINANCIAL GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BANK OF THE JAMES FINANCIAL GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BANK OF THE JAMES FINANCIAL GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BANK OF THE JAMES FINANCIAL GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Bank of the James Financial Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Bank of the James Financial Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Bank of the James Financial Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Bank of the James Financial Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Bank of the James Financial Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BANK OF THE JAMES FINANCIAL GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BANK OF THE JAMES FINANCIAL GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BANK OF THE JAMES FINANCIAL GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BANK OF THE JAMES FINANCIAL GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BANK OF THE JAMES FINANCIAL GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BANK OF THE JAMES FINANCIAL GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Bank of the James Financial Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Bank of the James Financial Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Bank of the James Financial Group Inc. Major Shareholders
Bank of the James Financial Group Inc. History
Bank of the James Financial Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Bank of the James Financial Group Inc. Offices and Representations
Bank of the James Financial Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Bank of the James Financial Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Bank of the James Financial Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Bank of the James Financial Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Bank of the James Financial Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Bank of the James Financial Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Bank of the James Financial Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Bank of the James Financial Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Bank of the James Financial Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Bank of the James Financial Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Bank of the James Financial Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Bank of the James Financial Group Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?