Bancolombia S.A. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about Bancolombia S.A. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Bancolombia S.A.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Bancolombia S.A. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Bancolombia S.A. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Bancolombia S.A. business.
About Bancolombia S.A.
Bancolombia S.A., a financial institution, provides a range of financial products and services to individual and corporate customer base throughout Colombia, as well as in other jurisdictions, such as Panama, El Salvador, Puerto Rico, the Cayman Islands, Peru, Brazil, the United States, and Spain. The company has 6.9 million customers.
Main Lines of Business
Retail and Small Business Banking: The Retail Banking segment provides a range of financial products and services to individuals and small and medium enterprises (SMEs) from both the public and private sectors in Colombia and El Salvador.
Corporate and Governmental Banking: This segment provides commercial banking products and services to local and international companies in both the public and private sectors. The company offers services to clients engaged in a spectrum of industries. Its sales force determines the needs and its challenges of each client and specializes in nine economic sectors: agribusiness, commerce, manufacturing of supplies and materials, media, financial services, non-financial services, construction, government, and natural resources.
Treasury: This segment is responsible for the management of the companys proprietary trading activities, liquidity, and distribution of treasury products and services to its client base in Colombia. In addition, the companys Economic Research Department is included in this division.
Offshore Commercial Banking: The company's subsidiaries, Bancolombia Panama S.A., Bancolombia Cayman S.A., Bancolombia Puerto Rico Internacional Inc., and Banco Agrícola (Panama) S.A., provide a line of offshore banking services to Colombian and Salvadorian customers, including loans to private sector companies, trade financing, lease financing, financing for industrial projects, as well as a portfolio of cash management products, such as checking accounts, international collections and payments. Through these subsidiaries, it also offers investment opportunities in the U.S. dollars, savings, and checking accounts, time deposits, and investment funds to its clients and private banking customers.
Leasing: This segment provides financial and operational leases, including cross-border and international leasing services to clients in Colombia, as well as in Central America, Mexico, and Brazil. The company offers these services through the following subsidiaries: Bancolombia S.A. Compania de Financialmiento Comercial (Leasing Bancolombia), Renting Colombia S.A., Renting Peru S.A., Tempo Rent a Car S.A., Capital Investment Safi S.A, Suleasing International USA Inc., and Arrendadora Financiera S.A.
All Other Segments: This segment provides the following products and services: investment banking services for corporate customers in areas, such as mergers and acquisitions, project finance, issuances of debt and equity securities, and syndicated loan transactions; brokerage and asset management; trust and insurance; bancassurance; and pension fund management.
Products and Services
The company and its subsidiaries together offer the following products and services:
Savings and Investment: The company offers its customers checking accounts, savings accounts, fixed term deposits, and various investment products.
Financing: The company offers its customers a range of credit alternatives which include trade financing, loans funded by domestic development banks, working capital loans, credit cards, personal loans, vehicle loans, payroll loans, and overdrafts. It also offers the following financial specialized products:
Mortgage Banking: The company provides financial support to construction firms and mortgages for individuals and companies.
Factoring: The company offers its clients solutions for handling their working capital and improving their asset turnover through solutions to manage their accounts receivable financing.
Financial and Operating Leases: The company, primarily through Leasing Bancolombia and its subsidiaries, offers financial and operational leases specifically designed for acquiring fixed assets.
Treasury: The company assists its clients in hedging their market risks through derivative s
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BANCOLOMBIA S.A. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BANCOLOMBIA S.A. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BANCOLOMBIA S.A. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BANCOLOMBIA S.A. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BANCOLOMBIA S.A. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Bancolombia S.A. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Bancolombia S.A. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Bancolombia S.A. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Bancolombia S.A. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Industry Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Bancolombia S.A. Industry Position Analysis
6. BANCOLOMBIA S.A. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BANCOLOMBIA S.A. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BANCOLOMBIA S.A. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. COLOMBIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BANCOLOMBIA S.A. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BANCOLOMBIA S.A. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BANCOLOMBIA S.A. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Bancolombia S.A. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Bancolombia S.A. 1-year Stock Charts
Bancolombia S.A. 5-year Stock Charts
Bancolombia S.A. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Bancolombia S.A. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Bancolombia S.A. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Bancolombia S.A. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Bancolombia S.A. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Bancolombia S.A. Major Shareholders
Bancolombia S.A. History
Bancolombia S.A. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Bancolombia S.A. Offices and Representations
Bancolombia S.A. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Bancolombia S.A. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Bancolombia S.A. Capital Market Snapshot
Bancolombia S.A. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Industry Industry Statistics
Bancolombia S.A. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Bancolombia S.A. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?