- The report contains detailed information about Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. business.
About Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A.
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A., a diversified international financial company, engages in traditional banking businesses of retail banking, asset management, private banking, and wholesale banking.
The company focuses its operations on six major business areas, including Spain and Portugal; Wholesale Banking and Asset Management; Mexico; the United States; South America; and Corporate Activities.
SPAIN AND PORTUGAL
The Spain and Portugal business area focuses on providing banking services and consumer finance to private individuals and businesses in Spain and Portugal. The business units included in the Spain and Portugal business area are: Spanish Retail Network; Corporate and Business Banking; Consumer Finance; European Insurance; and BBVA Portugal.
Spanish Retail Network
The Spanish Retail Network unit services the financial and non-financial needs of households, professional practices, retailers and small businesses. In consumer, major campaigns were the Credito Nomina (Payslip Loan), a new Internet channel for Credito Coche (Car Loan) applications and the offer of a free 32 inch LCD television.
BBVA Banca Privada (Private Banking) is the segment within the Spanish Retail Network unit that manages Banca Privada and wealth management segments (BBVA Patrimonios).
Corporate and Business Banking
The Corporate and Business Banking unit offers a range of services and products to small and medium enterprises (SMEs), large companies, institutions and developers with specialized branch networks for each segment. The company offers advisory services for the provision of tailor-made solutions and products.
The Consumer Finance unit manages consumer finance and on-line banking, via Uno-e, BBVA Finanzia S.p.A. (Finanzia) and other subsidiaries in Spain, Portugal and Italy.
The companys European Insurance units activities are conducted through various insurance companies that provide direct insurance, reinsurance and insurance brokering services in Spain and Portugal and market products for different types of customers (private individuals, SMEs, retailers, professional service firms and providers and self-employed individuals) through this units branch offices.
BBVA: BBVA Broker, in the business segment, is the companys insurance broker in Spain providing companies with personalized services (coverage for assets and properties, installment payments collections and work related risks, among others) through a catalogue of products.
BBVA Portugal: BBVA Portugal manages the companys banking business in Portugal.
WHOLESALE BANKING AND ASSET MANAGEMENT
The Wholesale Banking and Asset Management area focuses on providing services to international companies and investment banking, capital markets and treasury management services to clients. The business units included in the wholesale banking and asset management area are corporate and investment banking, global markets, asset management, industrial and other holdings, and Asia.
Corporate and Investment Banking: In the Corporate and Investment Banking (C&IB) unit includes a target customer base with focus on strategic customers for whom the company can provide added value services, as well as the separation between lending and fee products.
Asset Management: In 2009 the Asset Management units activity in creating and launching new products continued. The company launched the structured funds BBVA Oportunidad Europa and BBVA Seleccion Empresas.
Industrial and Other Holdings: The company manages a portfolio of holdings in the industrial sector of approximately 50 companies in various sectors, including Corporacion IBV, Bolsa y Mercados Espanoles (BME), Tecnicas Reunidas, Tubos Reunidos and Desarrollo Urbanístico Chamartin (DUCH).
Mexico: The business units included in the Mexico area are retail and corporate banking, and pensions and insurance.
In Mexico, the company operates its pensions business through Afore Bancomer, its insurance business through Seguros Bancomer, its annuities business through Pensiones Bancomer and its health insurance busin
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BANCO BILBAO VIZCAYA ARGENTARIA, S.A. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BANCO BILBAO VIZCAYA ARGENTARIA, S.A. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BANCO BILBAO VIZCAYA ARGENTARIA, S.A. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BANCO BILBAO VIZCAYA ARGENTARIA, S.A. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BANCO BILBAO VIZCAYA ARGENTARIA, S.A. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. Industry Position Analysis
6. BANCO BILBAO VIZCAYA ARGENTARIA, S.A. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BANCO BILBAO VIZCAYA ARGENTARIA, S.A. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BANCO BILBAO VIZCAYA ARGENTARIA, S.A. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SPAIN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BANCO BILBAO VIZCAYA ARGENTARIA, S.A. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BANCO BILBAO VIZCAYA ARGENTARIA, S.A. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BANCO BILBAO VIZCAYA ARGENTARIA, S.A. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. Major Shareholders
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. History
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. Offices and Representations
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. Capital Market Snapshot
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. 1-year Stock Charts
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. 5-year Stock Charts
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?