- The report contains detailed information about Athens Bancshares Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Athens Bancshares Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Athens Bancshares Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Athens Bancshares Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Athens Bancshares Corporation business.
About Athens Bancshares Corporation
Athens Bancshares Corporation operates as the holding company for Athens Federal Community Bank, which provides traditional financial services to consumers and businesses in its primary market area.
The companys primary market area located in McMinn, Monroe, Bradley Counties, Tennessee and the surrounding areas. It provides various financial services to individuals and corporate customers through its seven branches located in Athens, Sweetwater, Etowah, Madisonville, and Cleveland, Tennessee.
The company operates as a community-oriented financial institution. It attracts deposits from the general public and uses those funds to originate primarily residential mortgage loans and, non-residential real estate loans, construction loans, land and land development loans, multi-family real estate loans, consumer loans, and commercial business loans.
The companys loan portfolio includes real estate mortgage loans, primarily one- to four-family residential mortgage loans, non-residential real estate loans, construction loans, land and land development loans, multi-family real estate loans, consumer loans, and commercial business loans. Its lending activities focus on serving small businesses and emphasizing relationship banking in its primary market area.
One-to Four-Family Residential Loans: The company offers one- to four-family residential loans. Its origination of residential mortgage loans enables borrowers to purchase or refinance existing homes located in its primary market area. It offers a mix of adjustable rate mortgage loans and fixed-rate mortgage loans.
Non-residential Real Estate Loans: The company offers fixed- and adjustable-rate mortgage loans secured by non-residential real estate. Its non-residential real estate loans are secured by small to moderately-sized office and retail properties, churches, and hotels located both in and out of its primary market area.
Construction Loans: The company originates construction loans for one-to four-family homes and commercial properties, such as retail shops and office units, and multi-family properties.
Land and Land Development Loans: The company originates loans to individuals and developers for the purpose of developing vacant land in its primary market area, typically for building an individuals future residence or, in the case of a developer, residential subdivisions. It also originates loans to individuals secured by undeveloped land held for investment purposes.
Multi-Family Real Estate Loans: The company offers multi-family mortgage loans that are secured by properties in its primary market area.
Consumer Loans: The company offers various consumer loans, including home equity loans and lines of credit, automobile loans, and loans secured by deposits. Its consumer loan portfolio consists primarily of home equity loans, both fixed-rate amortizing term loans with terms up to 15 years, and adjustable rate lines of credit with interest rates indexed to the prime rate as published in the Wall Street Journal. Through its operating subsidiary, Southland Finance, Inc., it also offers consumer finance loans secured by used automobiles, televisions, and various other personal properties.
Commercial Business Loans: The company offers commercial business loans to small businesses located in its primary market area. Commercial business loans consist of floating rate loans indexed to the prime rate as published in the Wall Street Journal plus an applicable margin and fixed rate loans for terms of up to five years. Its commercial business loan portfolio consists primarily of loans that are secured by land or equipment but also includes unsecured loans for purposes of financing expansion or providing working capital for general business purposes.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys investment portfolio consisted primarily of U.S. government and agency securities, mortgage-backed securities, securities issued by government sponsored enterprises, and municipal securities. As of December 31, 2009, the company also maintained an investment in Federal Home Loan Bank of Cincinnati common stock.
Deposits are attracted from within its primary market area through the offering of a selection of deposit instruments, including non-interest-bearing demand deposits (such as checking accounts), interest-bearing demand accounts (such as NOW and money market accounts), regular savings accounts, and certificates of deposit.
Athens Bancshares Corporation was incorporated in 2009.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ATHENS BANCSHARES CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ATHENS BANCSHARES CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ATHENS BANCSHARES CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ATHENS BANCSHARES CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ATHENS BANCSHARES CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Athens Bancshares Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Athens Bancshares Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Athens Bancshares Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Athens Bancshares Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Athens Bancshares Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. ATHENS BANCSHARES CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ATHENS BANCSHARES CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ATHENS BANCSHARES CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ATHENS BANCSHARES CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ATHENS BANCSHARES CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ATHENS BANCSHARES CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Athens Bancshares Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Athens Bancshares Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Athens Bancshares Corporation Major Shareholders
Athens Bancshares Corporation History
Athens Bancshares Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Athens Bancshares Corporation Offices and Representations
Athens Bancshares Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Athens Bancshares Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Athens Bancshares Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Athens Bancshares Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Athens Bancshares Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Athens Bancshares Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Athens Bancshares Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Athens Bancshares Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Athens Bancshares Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Athens Bancshares Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Athens Bancshares Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Athens Bancshares Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?