- The report contains detailed information about Ampal-American Israel Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Ampal-American Israel Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Ampal-American Israel Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Ampal-American Israel Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Ampal-American Israel Corp. business.
About Ampal-American Israel Corp.
Ampal-American Israel Corp. acquires interests in businesses located in the State of Israel or that are Israel-related. The company provides its investee companies with ongoing support through its involvement in the investees strategic decisions and introduction to the financial community, investment bankers and other potential investors both in and outside of Israel. It invests in undervalued assets with an emphasis on the Energy, Real Estate, Project Development and Leisure Time sectors.
EAST MEDITERRANEAN GAS COMPANY (EMG)
EMG, an Egyptian joint stock company, organized in accordance with the Egyptian Special Free Zones system, has been granted the right to export natural gas from Egypt to Israel, other locations in the East Mediterranean basin and to other countries. EMGs first project involves linking the Israeli energy market with the Egyptian national gas grid through an East Mediterranean pipeline. EMG shall be the developer, owner and operator of the pipeline and its associated facilities on shore in both the point of departure at El Arish, Egypt and the point of entry in Ashkelon, Israel. As of December 31, 2006, the company owned approximately 12.5% of EMG.
AM-HAL, LTD. (AM-HAL)
Am-Hal is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company, which develops and operates luxury retirement centers for senior citizens.
The Companys first center was opened in Rishon LeZion, a city located approximately 10 miles south of Tel-Aviv. This center, of approximately 120,000 square feet, includes 149 self-contained apartments, a 74-bed nursing care ward, a 21-bed assisted-living ward, a swimming pool, a health care center and other recreational facilities.
The second center was opened in Hod Hasharon, a city located approximately 7 miles north of Tel Aviv. This center, which is approximately 250,000 square feet, includes 235 self-contained apartments, a 33-bed nursing care ward and a 22-bed assisted-living ward.
In April 2005 Am-Hal, Ltd. entered into an agreement to build a new project in Tel-Aviv. Am-Hal Ltd. holds 75% of the new project through a limited partnership (Ad 120 Ramat-Hahayal). The project is in its early stages.
BAY HEART LIMITED (BAY HEART)
Bay Heart engages in the development and leasing of a shopping mall (the Mall) in the Haifa Bay area. The Mall is a three-story facility with approximately 280,000 square feet of rentable space. The Mall provides a mix of retail and entertainment facilities, including seven movie theaters. The company owns 37% of Bay Heart.
COUNTRY CLUB KFAR SABA LIMITED (KFAR SABA)
Kfar Saba operates a country club facility (the Club) in Kfar Saba, a town north of Tel Aviv. Kfar Saba holds a long-term lease to the real estate property on which the Club is situated. The Clubs facilities include swimming pools, tennis courts and a clubhouse. The Club, which has a capacity of 2,000 member families, had approximately 1,722 member families for the 2006 season. The Company owns 51% of Kfar Saba.
HOD HASHARON SPORT CENTER (1992) LIMITED PARTNERSHIP (HOD HASHARON)
Hod Hasharon operates a country club facility (the H.H. Club) in Hod Hasharon, a town north of Tel Aviv. The H.H. Club occupies a 7-1/4 acre lot which is leased for a 49 year period. The H.H. Club has a capacity of 1,600 member families. As of December 31, 2006, the company held a 50% direct interest in Hod Hasharon.
Capital Markets and Other Holdings
CARMEL CONTAINERS SYSTEMS LIMITED (CARMEL)
Carmel is engaged in designing, manufacturing and marketing carton boards and packaging products. Carmel and its subsidiaries manufacture a varied line of products, including corrugated shipping containers, moisture-resistant packaging, consumer packaging, triple-wall packaging and wooden pallets and boxes. The companys equity interest in Carmel is 21.75%.
Ampal-American Israel Corp. has a joint venture agreement with Clal Industries and Investments (CII), Ltd. to develop and acquire wind energy projects outside of Israel. Each company would hold a 50%interest in the projects they pursue.
Ampal-American Israel Corp. was founded in 1942.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AMPAL-AMERICAN ISRAEL CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AMPAL-AMERICAN ISRAEL CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AMPAL-AMERICAN ISRAEL CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AMPAL-AMERICAN ISRAEL CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AMPAL-AMERICAN ISRAEL CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Ampal-American Israel Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Ampal-American Israel Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Ampal-American Israel Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Ampal-American Israel Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Ampal-American Israel Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. AMPAL-AMERICAN ISRAEL CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AMPAL-AMERICAN ISRAEL CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AMPAL-AMERICAN ISRAEL CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AMPAL-AMERICAN ISRAEL CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AMPAL-AMERICAN ISRAEL CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AMPAL-AMERICAN ISRAEL CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Ampal-American Israel Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Ampal-American Israel Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Ampal-American Israel Corp. Major Shareholders
Ampal-American Israel Corp. History
Ampal-American Israel Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Ampal-American Israel Corp. Offices and Representations
Ampal-American Israel Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Ampal-American Israel Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Ampal-American Israel Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Ampal-American Israel Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
Ampal-American Israel Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Ampal-American Israel Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Ampal-American Israel Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Ampal-American Israel Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Ampal-American Israel Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Ampal-American Israel Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Ampal-American Israel Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Ampal-American Israel Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?