- The report contains detailed information about Ameriprise Financial Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Ameriprise Financial Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Ameriprise Financial Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Ameriprise Financial Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Ameriprise Financial Inc. business.
About Ameriprise Financial Inc.
Ameriprise Financial, Inc. provides financial planning, products and services that are designed to offer solutions for its clients' cash and liquidity, asset accumulation, income, protection, and estate, and wealth transfer needs. As of December 31, 2009, the company had a network of approximately 12,000 financial advisors and registered representatives (affiliated financial advisors). In addition to serving clients through its affiliated financial advisors, its asset management, annuity, and auto and home protection products are distributed through third-party advisors and affinity relationships.
The company offers branded advisors training, tools, leadership, marketing programs, and other field and centralized support to assist them in delivering advice and product solutions to clients. The company supports unaffiliated advisors with sales and service support and solutions, which they provide to clients.
The company segments include Advice & Wealth Management; Asset Management; Annuities; and Protection.
ADVICE & WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Advice & Wealth Management segment provides financial planning and advice, as well as full service brokerage and banking services, primarily to retail clients through the companys affiliated financial advisors. Its affiliated financial advisors utilize a diversified selection of both proprietary and non-proprietary products to help clients meet their financial needs.
Financial Advisor Platform
The company provides clients financial planning and brokerage services through its nationwide network of approximately 12,000 affiliated financial advisors. Its network includes approximately 10,000 branded advisors. The companys network also includes approximately 1,900 non-employee unbranded advisors of Securities America, Inc. (SAI).
Employee Advisors: The company provides its employee advisors a high level of support, including local office space and staff support.
Branded Franchisee Advisors: In addition, its branded franchisee advisors pay a franchise association fee and other fees in exchange for the support the company offers and the right to associate with its brand name. The support that the company offers to its branded franchisee advisors includes generalist and specialist leadership support, technology platforms and tools, training, and marketing programs.
The companys third platform, the unbranded advisor network served by SAI and its subsidiaries, offers its own and other companies' mutual funds and variable annuities, as well as the investment and protection products of other companies.
Brokerage and Investment Advisory Services
Individual and Family Financial Services: The companys branded advisors deliver financial solutions to its advisory clients by building long-term personal relationships through financial planning that is responsive to clients' evolving needs.
Brokerage and Other Products and Services: The company offers its retail and institutional clients various brokerage and other investment products and services. The companys Ameriprise ONE Financial Account is a single integrated financial management account that combines a client's investment, banking and lending relationships. The Ameriprise ONE Financial Account enables clients to access a single cash account to fund various financial transactions, including investments in mutual funds, individual securities, cash products and margin lending. Additional features of the Ameriprise ONE Financial Account include unlimited check writing with overdraft protection, a co-branded MasterCard, online bill payments, ATM access and a savings account.
The company provides securities execution and clearing services for its retail and institutional clients through its registered broker-dealer subsidiaries. Clients can use its online brokerage service to purchase and sell securities, obtain independent research and information about various securities, and use self-directed asset allocation and other financial planning tools. Clients can also contact their financial advisor and access other services. It also offers shares in public non-exchange traded Real Estate Investment Trusts (R
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AMERIPRISE FINANCIAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AMERIPRISE FINANCIAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AMERIPRISE FINANCIAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AMERIPRISE FINANCIAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AMERIPRISE FINANCIAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Ameriprise Financial Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Ameriprise Financial Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Ameriprise Financial Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Ameriprise Financial Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Ameriprise Financial Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AMERIPRISE FINANCIAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AMERIPRISE FINANCIAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AMERIPRISE FINANCIAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AMERIPRISE FINANCIAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AMERIPRISE FINANCIAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AMERIPRISE FINANCIAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Ameriprise Financial Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Ameriprise Financial Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Ameriprise Financial Inc. Major Shareholders
Ameriprise Financial Inc. History
Ameriprise Financial Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Ameriprise Financial Inc. Offices and Representations
Ameriprise Financial Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Ameriprise Financial Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Ameriprise Financial Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Ameriprise Financial Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
Ameriprise Financial Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Ameriprise Financial Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Ameriprise Financial Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Ameriprise Financial Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Ameriprise Financial Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Ameriprise Financial Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Ameriprise Financial Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Ameriprise Financial Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?