- The report contains detailed information about Ameriana Bancorp that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Ameriana Bancorp. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Ameriana Bancorp financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Ameriana Bancorp competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Ameriana Bancorp business.
About Ameriana Bancorp
Ameriana Bancorp operates as the holding company for Ameriana Bank, SB, which offers various consumer and commercial banking services in Indiana.
The company conducts business through its main office in New Castle, Indiana and through 12 branch offices located in located in New Castle, Middletown, Knightstown, Morristown, Greenfield, Anderson, Avon, McCordsville, Carmel, Fishers, Westfield, and New Palestine, Indiana and a loan production office in Carmel, Indiana.
The company offers a range of services, including: accepting deposits; originating commercial, mortgage, consumer, and construction loans; and through its subsidiaries, providing investment and brokerage services and insurance services.
The company has two wholly owned subsidiaries, Ameriana Insurance Agency (AIA), and Ameriana Financial Services, Inc. (AFS). AIA provides insurance sales from offices in New Castle, Greenfield, and Avon, Indiana. In 2009, AIA purchased the book of business of Chapin-Hayworth Insurance Agency, Inc., a multi-line property and casualty insurance agency located in New Castle, Indiana. AFS operates a brokerage facility in conjunction with LPL Financial.
The principal lending activity of the company has been the origination of conventional first mortgage loans secured by residential property and commercial real estate; commercial loans; and consumer loans. The residential mortgage loans have been secured by single-family homes and have included construction loans.
Residential Real Estate and Residential Construction Lending: The company originates loans on one-to four-family residences. It also originates hybrid mortgage loans. It makes construction/permanent loans to borrowers to build one-to four-family owner-occupied residences.
Commercial Real Estate and Commercial Real Estate Construction Lending: The company originates loans secured by both owner-occupied and non-owner-occupied properties. It originates commercial real estate loans and purchases loan participations from other financial institutions. Commercial real estate construction loans are made to developers for the construction of commercial properties, owner-occupied facilities, non-owner occupied facilities, and for speculative purposes.
Consumer Lending: The consumer lending portfolio includes automobile loans and other consumer products.
Commercial Lending: The company lends to business entities for the purposes of short-term working capital, inventory financing, equipment purchases, and other business financing needs. The loans would be in the form of revolving lines of credit, commercial lines of credit, or term debt.
The company's investment portfolio consists primarily of mortgage-backed securities issued by Ginnie Mae, Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac. It has also invested in municipal securities, mutual funds, and maintains interest-bearing deposits in other financial institutions (primarily the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago and the Federal Home Loan Bank of Indianapolis).
The company attracts both short-term and long-term retail deposits from the general public by offering various deposit accounts and interest rates. It offers regular savings accounts, interest-bearing (NOW) and noninterest-bearing checking accounts, money market accounts, fixed interest rate certificates with varying maturities, and negotiated rate jumbo certificates with various maturities. It also offers tax-deferred individual retirement, Keogh retirement, and simplified employer plan retirement accounts.
Ameriana Bancorp was founded in 1890.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AMERIANA BANCORP COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AMERIANA BANCORP BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AMERIANA BANCORP SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AMERIANA BANCORP FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AMERIANA BANCORP COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Ameriana Bancorp Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Ameriana Bancorp and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Ameriana Bancorp and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Ameriana Bancorp Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Ameriana Bancorp Industry Position Analysis
6. AMERIANA BANCORP NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AMERIANA BANCORP EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AMERIANA BANCORP ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AMERIANA BANCORP IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AMERIANA BANCORP PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AMERIANA BANCORP VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Ameriana Bancorp Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Ameriana Bancorp Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Ameriana Bancorp Major Shareholders
Ameriana Bancorp History
Ameriana Bancorp Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Ameriana Bancorp Offices and Representations
Ameriana Bancorp SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Ameriana Bancorp Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Ameriana Bancorp Capital Market Snapshot
Ameriana Bancorp Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Ameriana Bancorp Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Ameriana Bancorp Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Ameriana Bancorp Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Ameriana Bancorp 1-year Stock Charts
Ameriana Bancorp 5-year Stock Charts
Ameriana Bancorp vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Ameriana Bancorp vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Ameriana Bancorp Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?