- The report contains detailed information about Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc. business.
About Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc.
Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc. operates as the holding company for Alaska Pacific Bank, which provides various community banking products and services to individuals and small businesses in southeast Alaska.
The companys primary markets include the communities of Juneau, Ketchikan, and Sitka. Its main office and one other full service branch office are located in Juneau; two full service offices of Alaska Pacific are located in Ketchikan; and one full service office of Alaska Pacific is located in Sitka.
The companys loan portfolio includes conventional mortgage loans, construction loans, commercial real estate loans, land loans, consumer loans, and commercial business loans. Its loan portfolio is secured by real estate, either as primary or secondary collateral, located in its primary market area.
One-to-four-family Real Estate Lending: The company concentrates its lending activities on the origination of loans secured by first mortgages on existing one-to-four-family residences located in its primary market area. It also originates loans secured by non-owner occupied residential properties that are sold to Freddie Mac.
Land Lending: The company originates loans secured by first mortgages on residential building lots on which the borrower proposes to construct a primary residence. These loans would be either fixed-rate or floating rate loans. It also originates commercial land loans, which have floating rates that adjust annually.
Construction Lending: Construction loans are made at fixed or adjustable rates with interest payable monthly. It originates construction loans to individuals who have a contract with a builder for the construction of their residence.
Multifamily and Commercial Real Estate Lending: The multifamily residential loan portfolio consists primarily of loans secured by small apartment buildings and the commercial real estate loan portfolio consists primarily of loans secured by retail, office, warehouse, mini-storage facilities, and other improved commercial properties. Majority of its multifamily and commercial real estate loans are secured by properties located within its primary market area, others are secured by properties elsewhere in Alaska, as well as Washington, Oregon, Utah, Colorado, California, and Idaho.
Commercial Business Lending: The company originates commercial business loans to small sized businesses in its primary market area. Commercial business loans are generally made to finance the purchase of seasonal inventory needs, new or used equipment, and for short-term working capital. Security for these loans includes equipment, boats, accounts receivable and inventory, although commercial business loans are sometimes granted on an unsecured basis.
Consumer Lending: Consumer loans have shorter terms to maturity or repricing and higher interest rates than long-term, fixed-rate mortgage loans. In addition to home equity, boat loans, and automobile loans, its consumer loans consist of loans secured by land, airplanes, deposit accounts, and unsecured loans for personal or household purposes.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys investment portfolio included the mortgage-backed securities, such as Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and Ginnie Mae; and U.S. agencies and corporations, such as small business administration pools.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys deposits included non-interest-bearing demand accounts, interest-bearing demand accounts, money market deposit accounts, savings accounts, and certificates of deposits.
The companys major competitor includes Wells Fargo.
Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc. was founded in 1935.
1. ALASKA PACIFIC BANCSHARES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ALASKA PACIFIC BANCSHARES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ALASKA PACIFIC BANCSHARES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ALASKA PACIFIC BANCSHARES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ALASKA PACIFIC BANCSHARES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ALASKA PACIFIC BANCSHARES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ALASKA PACIFIC BANCSHARES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ALASKA PACIFIC BANCSHARES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. ALASKA PACIFIC BANCSHARES, INC. PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ALASKA PACIFIC BANCSHARES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. ALASKA PACIFIC BANCSHARES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc. Major Shareholders
Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc. History
Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc. Offices and Representations
Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Alaska Pacific Bancshares, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?