- The report contains detailed information about Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (Israel) that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (Israel). It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (Israel) financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (Israel) competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (Israel) business.
About Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (Israel)
Africa Israel Investments, Ltd., an investment holding company, operates in the real estate, infrastructure and construction, energy, and financial services sectors. The company has operations in Israel, America, Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (C.I.S), Europe, and East Asia.
The company has four publicly-traded subsidiaries, four publicly-traded affiliated companies. In addition, the company holds a private subsidiaries and related companies either alone or together with others.
The company has six areas of primary activities that are reported as main segments:
Real Estate in Israel and Overseas segment
The company, in this area, focuses on initiation of projects involving residential construction, office buildings and commercial space, in and outside of Israel, through locating and acquiring land, constructing the structures and selling off the units. The real estate development activities in Israel concentrate mainly on development of land for residential housing. This activity is carried on principally by the subsidiary, Africa Israel Residences Ltd. (Africa Residences). The companys foreign investee companies invest in various real estate initiations, including construction or acquisition of projects in the United States, Russia, the Philippines, Eastern and Central Europe and the Philippines.
Rental Properties segment
The company, in this area of activities, is engaged in initiations, construction, rental and operation of industrial, office and commercial buildings in Israel and abroad. Its activities in this area outside of Israel (including investments) are being carried on, mainly, in the United States, Russia and Central and Eastern Europe. The companys main rental property activities in Israel are concentrated in the companys subsidiary, Africa Israel Properties Ltd. (Africa Properties) (including its subsidiaries). The companys activities in the rental property area outside of Israel (except for the United States and Russia) are conducted mainly by subsidiaries of Africa Properties.
Construction and Contracting segment
The company executes its construction and contracting activities through its subsidiary, Danya Cebus Ltd. (Danya Cebus) and its subsidiaries, which are engaged in residential and non-residential construction. As of December 31, 2006, almost all the construction activity is being executed in Israel, where as an insignificant part is underway abroad.
Hotels and Leisure segment
The company engages in hotels and recreational pursuits, therapeutic and spa activities as well as in construction of attractions and amusement parks. Its activities in this area are concentrated in a subsidiary, Africa Israel Hotels, Ltd. (Africa Hotels), and its subsidiaries. Africa Hotels holds the concession for operation of hotels bearing the trade names, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express, and it and its subsidiaries operate, among others, hotels spread throughout the state and hot springs in Tiberias. In addition, Africa Hotels is a partner in the Kings City attractions park, in Eilat.
The companys activities, as of December 31, 2006, in this area included design, manufacture and marketing of bathing suits and beachwear and figure-fitted garments through subsidiaries (Gottex Models Ltd. and Christina America Inc.) and sale of clothing, footwear and accessories for men, women and children under the brand names Zara and Pull and Bear in the Israeli retail market, through Gottex Trademarks Limited Partnership.
The company, in this area of activities, operates, mainly through Danya Cebus (including its subsidiaries), as a concessionaire or performance contractor of infrastructures for transportation routes such as highways, railroad lines and bridges. For purposes of the companys activities in the infrastructures area, the company manufactures, through one of its subsidiaries, prefabricated products. The activities in the infrastructures area is performed mainly for the government sector, directly an indirectly, that is, for the government, government companies and support units or for private entrepreneurs that won tenders published by the government under the PPP (private public partnership) method, wherein the private sector performs, finances and operates the project (such as projects of the BOT and PFI types,). As part of these activities, Danya Cebus signed an agreement with the Government of Israel to finance, construct, operate and maintain Highway 431 in the format of a PFI project.
The company also carries on various other activities by means of affiliated companies, as follows:
Alon Israel Fuel Company Ltd. (Alon): Held by the company at the rate of 26.14%, Alon is an international fuel company operating in the energy area in Israel and overseas. Alon has publicly-held subsidiaries, Dor Alon Energy Israel (1998) Ltd. and The Blue Square Real Estate Ltd.
Packer Plada Ltd. (Packer): Held by the company at the rate of 41.95%, Packer and the companies it controls are a group of companies operating primarily in Israel in two main areas steel and ceramics (wherein it operates through Negev Ceramics Ltd.).
Derech Eretz Highways (1997) Ltd.: Held by the company at the rate of 37.5%, Derech Eretz Highways holds the concession from the State for financing and constructing a section of the Cross Israel Highway having a length of 86 kilometers and operation of the Highway as a toll road.
Vash Telcanal Ltd.: Held by the company at the rate of 46.19%, Vash Telcanal is a private company holding a license from the Ministry of Communications to broadcast television programs in the Russian language.
Tadiran Telecom Ltd.: Held by the company at the rate of 21%, Tadiran Telecom Ltd. is a private company engaged in the development, production, marketing and provision of business telephone switchboard services, in and outside of Israel, mainly under the Coral trademark.
Africa Israel Investments, Ltd. was founded in 1934.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AFRICA-ISRAEL INVESTMENTS LTD. (ISRAEL) COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AFRICA-ISRAEL INVESTMENTS LTD. (ISRAEL) BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AFRICA-ISRAEL INVESTMENTS LTD. (ISRAEL) SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AFRICA-ISRAEL INVESTMENTS LTD. (ISRAEL) FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AFRICA-ISRAEL INVESTMENTS LTD. (ISRAEL) COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (Israel) Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (Israel) and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (Israel) and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (Israel) Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (Israel) Industry Position Analysis
6. AFRICA-ISRAEL INVESTMENTS LTD. (ISRAEL) NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AFRICA-ISRAEL INVESTMENTS LTD. (ISRAEL) EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AFRICA-ISRAEL INVESTMENTS LTD. (ISRAEL) ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. ISRAEL PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AFRICA-ISRAEL INVESTMENTS LTD. (ISRAEL) IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AFRICA-ISRAEL INVESTMENTS LTD. (ISRAEL) PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AFRICA-ISRAEL INVESTMENTS LTD. (ISRAEL) VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (Israel) Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (Israel) Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (Israel) Major Shareholders
Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (Israel) History
Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (Israel) Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (Israel) Offices and Representations
Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (Israel) SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (Israel) Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (Israel) Capital Market Snapshot
Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (Israel) Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (Israel) Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (Israel) Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (Israel) Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (Israel) 1-year Stock Charts
Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (Israel) 5-year Stock Charts
Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (Israel) vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (Israel) vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Africa-Israel Investments Ltd. (Israel) Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?