- The report contains detailed information about Affiliated Managers Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Affiliated Managers Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Affiliated Managers Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Affiliated Managers Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Affiliated Managers Group Inc. business.
About Affiliated Managers Group Inc.
Affiliated Managers Group, Inc. operates as an asset management company with equity investments in a group of mid-sized investment management firms (Affiliates). The company's Affiliates provide investment management services in the United States and internationally to mutual funds, institutional clients and high net worth individuals.
Investment Management Operations
The company, through its Affiliates, manages assets in approximately 300 investment products across a range of asset classes and investment styles in three primary distribution channels: Mutual Fund, Institutional and High Net Worth.
In December 2006, the company acquired a majority equity interest in Chicago Equity Partners, LLC, a firm that manages a range of U.S. equity and fixed income products across multiple capitalization sectors and investment styles. Chicago Equity Partners client base includes approximately 120 institutional investors, including public funds, corporations, endowments and foundations, Taft-Hartley plan sponsors and mutual fund advisors.
Mutual Fund Distribution Channel
Through its Affiliates, the company provides advisory or sub-advisory services to approximately 100 mutual funds. These funds are distributed to retail and institutional clients directly and through intermediaries, including independent investment advisors, retirement plan sponsors, broker-dealers, major fund marketplaces and bank trust departments.
The companys major mutual funds in this distribution channel are the: Tweedy, Browne Global Value and Value Funds, managed by Tweedy, Browne Company LLC (Tweedy, Browne), a New York-based investment advisor that employs an investment approach advocated by Benjamin Graham to invest in global and domestic securities; Third Avenue Value Funds, including the Third Avenue Value, Real Estate Value, Small Cap Value and International Value Funds, which are managed by Third Avenue Management LLC (Third Avenue), a New York-based investment advisor that employs a deep value approach to investing in equities, real estate and corporate debt securities;
Brandywine, Brandywine Blue and Brandywine Advisors Funds, which are managed by Friess Associates, LLC (Friess Associates), a Delaware and Wyoming-based investment advisor that invests in growth equities through a bottom up research process; and Managers Funds and Managers AMG Funds, a complex of 32 funds for which Managers Investment Group LLC (Managers) serves as the manager of managers, employing a search, selection and monitoring process to identify sub-advisors for the Managers Funds, and through Managers AMG Funds offering retail investors access to Affiliates investment management services otherwise available only through Institutional separate accounts.
Utilizing Managers distribution, sales and client service capabilities, Affiliates are provided access to the Mutual Fund distribution channel. Managers offers Affiliates a single point of contact for retail intermediaries, such as banks, brokerage firms and other sponsored platforms. Within this distribution channel, Managers is distributing approximately 40 mutual funds, including funds managed by nine Affiliates.
Institutional Distribution Channel
Through its Affiliates, the company offers approximately 150 investment products across approximately 35 different investment styles in the Institutional distribution channel, including small, small/mid, mid and large capitalization value, growth equity and emerging markets. In addition, its Affiliates offer quantitative, alternative and fixed income products. Through this distribution channel, its Affiliates manage assets for foundations and endowments, defined benefit and defined contribution plans for corporations and municipalities, and Taft-Hartley plans, with disciplined and focused investment styles that address the specialized needs of institutional clients. In December 2006, the company expanded its product offerings in the Institutional distribution channel through its investment in Chicago Equity Partners.
In February 2007, the company opened an office in Sydney, Australia. Through this platform, the company would provide institutional investors in Australia and New Zealand a single point of contact to access a range of investment products offered by its Affiliates. The diverse products available would include quantitative strategies focused on both U.S. and global equities, as well as global, international and U.S. value equity, real estate, and distressed and other special situations.
High Net Worth Distribution Channel
The High Net Worth distribution channel includes two client groups. The first group generally consists principally of direct relationships with high net worth individuals and families and charitable foundations. For these clients, its Affiliates provide investment management or customized investment counseling and fiduciary services. The second group consists of individual managed account client relationships established through intermediaries, which are generally brokerage firms or other sponsors. The companys Affiliates provide investment management services through approximately 90 managed account programs.
Within its High Net Worth distribution channel, Managers is distributing approximately 40 investment products managed by 8 Affiliates. Managers distributes single and multi-manager separate account products and mutual funds through brokerage firms.
The company's target investment universe includes approximately 1,800 investment management firms located in the United States and internationally and it has established relationships with approximately 800 of these firms.
Affiliated Managers Group, Inc. was founded in 1993.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AFFILIATED MANAGERS GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AFFILIATED MANAGERS GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AFFILIATED MANAGERS GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AFFILIATED MANAGERS GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AFFILIATED MANAGERS GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Affiliated Managers Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Affiliated Managers Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Affiliated Managers Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Affiliated Managers Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Affiliated Managers Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AFFILIATED MANAGERS GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AFFILIATED MANAGERS GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AFFILIATED MANAGERS GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AFFILIATED MANAGERS GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AFFILIATED MANAGERS GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AFFILIATED MANAGERS GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Affiliated Managers Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Affiliated Managers Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Affiliated Managers Group Inc. Major Shareholders
Affiliated Managers Group Inc. History
Affiliated Managers Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Affiliated Managers Group Inc. Offices and Representations
Affiliated Managers Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Affiliated Managers Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Affiliated Managers Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Affiliated Managers Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
Affiliated Managers Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Affiliated Managers Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Affiliated Managers Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Affiliated Managers Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Affiliated Managers Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Affiliated Managers Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Affiliated Managers Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Affiliated Managers Group Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?