- The report contains detailed information about Abington Bancorp Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Abington Bancorp Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Abington Bancorp Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Abington Bancorp Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Abington Bancorp Inc. business.
About Abington Bancorp Inc.
Abington Bancorp, Inc. operates as the holding company for Abington Savings Bank, doing business as Abington Bank, which provides various financial products and services in Pennsylvania.
The companys main office is located in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania. Its banking office network consists of 12 other branch offices and 7 limited service branch offices. In addition, it maintains a loan processing office in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania. 13 of its banking offices are located in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, 4 are in neighboring Bucks County, Pennsylvania, and 1 is in Delaware County, Pennsylvania. It maintains ATMs at all of its banking offices and it also has two off-site ATMs, located at a local grocery store and a local college. The company also provides on-line banking and telephone banking services.
The company primarily engages in attracting deposits from the general public. In addition to offering loans and deposits, it also offers securities and annuities to its customers through an affiliation with a third-party broker-dealer.
The companys principal lending activity has been the origination of loans collateralized by one- to four-family, also known as single-family, residential real estate loans located in its market area. It also originates home equity lines of credit, commercial business loans, and consumer loans. In addition, it has been making construction loans to homebuilders and others for approximately 30 years, and it originates commercial real estate and multi-family (approximately four units) residential mortgage loans.
One- to Four-Family Residential Mortgage Lending: The company originates fixed-rate, fully amortizing mortgage loans with maturities of 15, 20, 30 or 40 years. It also offers adjustable rate mortgage (ARM) loans. Its single-family residential mortgage loans also include home equity loans. Its single-family residential mortgage loans also include loans to local businessmen for a commercial purpose.
Commercial Real Estate and Multi-Family Residential Real Estate Loans: The companys commercial real estate and residential multi-family real estate loan portfolio consists primarily of loans secured by office buildings, retail, and industrial use buildings, strip shopping centers, residential properties, and other properties used for commercial and multi-family purposes. In addition to commercial real estate loans, it offers lines of credit for commercial uses.
Construction Lending: The company originates construction loans for the construction and development of various types of projects, as well as acquisitions of various types of properties for development. In addition to loans to finance the construction and development of single family homes and subdivisions, its construction loans also include loans to acquire and hold unimproved land, loans to acquire land and develop the basic infrastructure, such as roads and sewers, and construction loans for commercial uses. Its construction and development loans are typically offered with terms of up to 36 months. The majority of its construction loans are secured by properties located in Bucks and Montgomery Counties, Pennsylvania.
Home Equity Lines: The company offers home equity lines on a revolving line of credit basis.
Commercial Business Loans: The companys commercial business loans typically are to small to mid-sized businesses in its market area and may be for working capital, inventory financing or accounts receivable financing. The commercial business loans generally are secured by equipment, machinery, or other corporate assets.
Consumer Lending Activities: The company offers various types of consumer loans, such as loans secured by deposit accounts, automobile loans, and unsecured personal loans.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys investment portfolio included mortgage-backed securities; securities of U.S. government and agency obligations; municipal securities, corporate debt obligations, and other securities.
The company offers various deposit accounts with a range of interest rates and terms. Its deposits consist of checking, both interest-bearing and non-interest-bearing, money market, savings, and certificate of deposit accounts.
Abington Bancorp, Inc. was founded in 1867.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ABINGTON BANCORP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ABINGTON BANCORP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ABINGTON BANCORP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ABINGTON BANCORP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ABINGTON BANCORP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Abington Bancorp Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Abington Bancorp Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Abington Bancorp Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Abington Bancorp Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Abington Bancorp Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ABINGTON BANCORP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ABINGTON BANCORP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ABINGTON BANCORP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ABINGTON BANCORP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ABINGTON BANCORP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ABINGTON BANCORP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Abington Bancorp Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Abington Bancorp Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Abington Bancorp Inc. Major Shareholders
Abington Bancorp Inc. History
Abington Bancorp Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Abington Bancorp Inc. Offices and Representations
Abington Bancorp Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Abington Bancorp Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Abington Bancorp Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Abington Bancorp Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Abington Bancorp Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Abington Bancorp Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Abington Bancorp Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Abington Bancorp Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Abington Bancorp Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Abington Bancorp Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Abington Bancorp Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Abington Bancorp Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?