- The report contains detailed information about Aberdeen Asset Management PLC that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Aberdeen Asset Management PLC. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Aberdeen Asset Management PLC financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Aberdeen Asset Management PLC competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Aberdeen Asset Management PLC business.
About Aberdeen Asset Management PLC
Aberdeen Asset Management plc operates as an international investment management company that manages assets for both institutional and retail clients from offices around the world. The company offers both traditional and improved products, combined with customer support. The company also provides asset management services.
The company operates in two segments: investment management division and property asset management division. The companys investment management division manages equity and fixed interest securities. Its property asset management division manages direct property portfolios for institutions and pooled vehicles, as well as provides certain ancillary services.
Investment Management Division
The companys investment management division manages equity and fixed interest securities. The fixed interest team covers five principal areas of operation: global, emerging markets, Asia, high yield, and U.K. institutional, which covers both investment grade and government bonds.
The investment management division has been expanded by the acquisition and integration of Edinburgh Fund Managers Group plc (EFM), while the scale and focus of the property division was changed the sale of the activities carried on from the U.K. and Amsterdam offices. The companys institutional clients are pension funds, life assurance companies, banks, government agencies, charities and other financial institutions. Its institutional sales and client services teams are based primarily in the U.K., U.S., Singapore and Australia.
The companys pooled funds include: U.K. Investment Trusts, U.K. Unit Trusts, OEICs, Dublin based UCITS, Luxembourg based SICAV, and Singapore Select fund. Aberdeen Global is the companys range of Luxembourg-based funds. Aberdeen Global services clients and institutions in Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, and Latin America. Aberdeen Global is an umbrella fund that consists of a number of sub-funds covering investment objectives.
Australian residents: The company manages one Australian closed end fund with assets investing in Australian equities.
Canadian residents: The company manages three Canadian closed end funds with assets investing in fixed interest securities worldwide.
Singapore residents: Aberdeen Asia has approximately 14 sub-funds under the Aberdeen Select Portfolio (Select). Each sub-fund has a different investment focus. Select offers private investors choice of Asian single country funds, regional and global funds, giving the customers access to all the world's major stock markets.
United Kingdom residents: Aberdeen manages approximately 13 U.K. investment trusts and 5 closed end funds and Edinburgh Fund Managers manages 7 investment trusts. Aberdeen Unit Trust Managers has 12 unit trusts and 7 OEIC sub funds investing in both equities and fixed interest securities. Its Offshore fund range, Aberdeen International Fund PLC is an open-ended investment company incorporated in Ireland. The company comprises a number of classes of shares each representing approximately 12 different underlying funds.
United States residents: The company manages three US closed end funds with assets investing in equities and fixed interest securities.
Private Clients: Aberdeen manages segregated portfolios in private clients in the U.K., Jersey, and Singapore.
U.K. Private Equity
Aberdeen Murray Johnstone Private Equity (AMJPE) is the private equity division of Aberdeen Asset Managers Limited. Its products include limited partnerships, an investment trust, segregated portfolios, six venture capital trusts and work-outs. The company arranges equity finance for expansions, MBOs, MBIs, acquisition finance, refinancing bank debt, rescue/turnaround, secondary purchase/replacement capital and, occasionally start-ups. The company invests in industry sectors, focusing very much on the U.K. regions seeking to invest equity in small and medium sized transactions in the U.K. AMJPE have 21 investment executives and 12 portfolio management executives working from seven regional offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Glasgow, Inverness, Leeds, London and Manchester.
Property Asset Management Division
The companys property asset management division manages direct property portfolios for institutions and pooled vehicles, as well as provides certain ancillary services. The company, through Aberdeen Property Investors Ltd (API), has a good presence in the Nordic property investment market. Property assets are concentrated in the Nordic Region but API can operate throughout Europe. The company manages assets on behalf of pension fund and other institutional clients.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ABERDEEN ASSET MANAGEMENT PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ABERDEEN ASSET MANAGEMENT PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ABERDEEN ASSET MANAGEMENT PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ABERDEEN ASSET MANAGEMENT PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ABERDEEN ASSET MANAGEMENT PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Aberdeen Asset Management PLC Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Aberdeen Asset Management PLC and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Aberdeen Asset Management PLC and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Aberdeen Asset Management PLC Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Aberdeen Asset Management PLC Industry Position Analysis
6. ABERDEEN ASSET MANAGEMENT PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ABERDEEN ASSET MANAGEMENT PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ABERDEEN ASSET MANAGEMENT PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ABERDEEN ASSET MANAGEMENT PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ABERDEEN ASSET MANAGEMENT PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ABERDEEN ASSET MANAGEMENT PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Aberdeen Asset Management PLC Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Aberdeen Asset Management PLC Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Aberdeen Asset Management PLC Major Shareholders
Aberdeen Asset Management PLC History
Aberdeen Asset Management PLC Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Aberdeen Asset Management PLC Offices and Representations
Aberdeen Asset Management PLC SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Aberdeen Asset Management PLC Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Aberdeen Asset Management PLC Capital Market Snapshot
Aberdeen Asset Management PLC Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
Aberdeen Asset Management PLC Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Aberdeen Asset Management PLC Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Aberdeen Asset Management PLC Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Aberdeen Asset Management PLC 1-year Stock Charts
Aberdeen Asset Management PLC 5-year Stock Charts
Aberdeen Asset Management PLC vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Aberdeen Asset Management PLC vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Aberdeen Asset Management PLC Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?