- The report contains detailed information about 3i Group plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for 3i Group plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The 3i Group plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes 3i Group plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of 3i Group plc business.
About 3i Group plc
3i Group Plc is a private equity and venture capital firm specializing in private equity, buyouts, venture capital, and growth capital investments. It prefers to invest in business services, healthcare, consumer, media, oil, gas, power, technology, general industries, financial services, infrastructure, and regional sectors. The firm also seeks to invest in family owned business. It seeks to invest in media businesses at all stages of development and on selective basis, it also makes early-stage venture investments in oilfield technologies. The firm typically makes growth capital investments in medium-sized businesses in the healthcare, financial services, food and drink, media, IT services, support services, and oil and gas sectors. It prefers to invest in buyouts across a broad range of sectors with a particular focus on healthcare, business services, telecommunication, media, consumer, and oil, gas and power. The firm typically invests in business services with a focus on blue collar services (including cleaning, security, repair and maintenance, and facilities management); white collar services (including consultancy services including engineering, environmental, and recruitment and training and process outsourcing); distribution; and rental services (including hire of equipment and other non consumables). In the healthcare sector it focuses on pharmaceuticals and biotechnology (including supply drug marketing and delivery services, as well as animal health specialists), medical devices and technology (including dialysis and cardiovascular equipment, through to surgical instruments and imaging technology), and specialist care service providers (including care activities for the young, the disabled, and the elderly in their own homes, in hospitals, and in community facilities, and vitally-important diagnostic services). In the consumer sector the firm focuses on consumer goods, retail, food and drinks, and leisure (travel distribution, hotels and resorts, local leisure, betting and gaming, and hospitality). In the media sector it prefers to invest in broadcasting and entertainment (including TV, radio, Internet, and mobile broadcasting, the creators and owners of content, and suppliers of allied services), publishing and information (ranging from newspapers, through to directories and business information), marketing services (marketing and advertising including market research), and technology (software and hardware that enables major disruptions within large markets). In the oil, gas, and power sectors the firm focuses on exploration and production, oil services (including services which provide products, people, and technology for all elements of drilling, evaluation, development, construction, and production), and midstream gas and power which includes companies that develop, generate, store, and transmit energy. Within the gas and power sector it seeks to invest in companies delivering oil and gas to the consumer, through activities such as gas storage, transportation in liquefied form, refining, and distribution; generating power and transmitting and distributing; developing alternatives to oil and gas, including biofuels; products/components like generators and services such as wind turbine maintenance for related activities. In the technology sector the firm focuses on software and Internet (including digital marketing, e-commerce, social media), online media, telecoms, electronics and semiconductors, IT services, and cleantech (including energy, air and water, waste management, and supporting technologies like sensing and remote monitoring technologies, process innovations, and new materials). In the general industrial sectors it prefers to invest in aerospace and defense; automotive; chemicals; construction and building materials; electronic and electrical equipment; industrial engineering; paper, packaging, and print; and transport and logistics. In the financial sectors it seeks to invest in asset management, specialty finance, general insurance, outsourcing providers, and electronic trading. In the software sector the firm does not invest in generic office and enterprise applications. It prefers to invest
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. 3I GROUP PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. 3I GROUP PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. 3I GROUP PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. 3I GROUP PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. 3I GROUP PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. 3i Group plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of 3i Group plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of 3i Group plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. 3i Group plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. 3i Group plc Industry Position Analysis
6. 3I GROUP PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. 3I GROUP PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. 3I GROUP PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. 3I GROUP PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. 3I GROUP PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. 3I GROUP PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
3i Group plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
3i Group plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
3i Group plc Major Shareholders
3i Group plc History
3i Group plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
3i Group plc Offices and Representations
3i Group plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
3i Group plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
3i Group plc Capital Market Snapshot
3i Group plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
3i Group plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
3i Group plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
3i Group plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
3i Group plc 1-year Stock Charts
3i Group plc 5-year Stock Charts
3i Group plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
3i Group plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
3i Group plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?