Ankylosing Spondylitis Marketplace Canvassed by Black Swan Analysis in Its Insightful Report Published at MarketPublishers.com26 Apr 2017 • by Natalie Aster
LONDON – Ankylosing spondylitis (AkS) is a long-term, systemic inflammatory autoimmune disease. It initially affects the sacroiliac joints of the hip and pelvis, but spreads to the axial skeleton. Patients can experience back pain and increased stiffness, pain and swelling in other parts of the body, and fatigue.
There are a number of features associated with AkS, including psoriasis, uveitis, inflammatory bowel disease, enthesitis, peripheral arthritis, pulmonary fibrosis,
cardiovascular disease, prostatitis in males, spinal ankylosis and fracture.
The outlook for AS is extremely variable. Some people’s state improves after an initial inflammation period, whereas the condition of others can go progressively downhill in the course of time. Close to 70-90% of patients with AkS remain completely independent or minimally disabled in the distant future.
Comprehensive study “Ankylosing Spondylitis Forecast in 13 Major Markets 2017-2027” drawn up by Black Swan Analysis provides an insightful analysis of the AkS marketplace on a worldwide scale. It provides details on the current prevalent population for the illness in the 13 leading markets. The research also gives an insightful overview of the disease, examining its causes, risk factors, diagnosis, prognosis and clinical course, as well as specific AkS variations on the basis of geography and ethnicity.
- Granular information on the number of AkS patients globally.
- Unbiased analysis of the prevalence of the subdivided AkS types and patient segments that hold high potential.
- Deep insights into clinical trials in different countries.
- Careful examination of the impact of specific co-morbid conditions on AkS prevalent population.
- Discussion of the sub-populations within ED which are in need of treatment.
- Overview of the specific markets with the largest volume of ED patients.
More insightful market research studies drawn up by Black Swan Analysis are provided at its page.