India Coal Mining Industry Reviewed in In-demand Timetric Report Now Available at MarketPublishers.com

06 Nov 2015 • by Natalie Aster

LONDON – India took up the fifth position after the USA, Russia, China and Australia, with proved coal reserves of 60.6 billion tonnes as of 2014, capturing 6.8% of worldwide reserves. Bituminous and anthracite grabbed 92.5%, or 56.1 billion tonnes, whilst sub-bituminous and lignite grades accounted for the remaining 7.5%, or 4.5 billion tonnes.

As of 2014, India was the world’s third-largest coal producer with 618.5 million tonnes, up 1.4% from the 610 million tonnes registered in 2013. India’s coal consumption stood at 780.7 million tonnes in 2014, a 6% increase from 736.5 million tonnes recorded in 2013. This hike was primarily fuelled by the growing demand from the power industry, which was the dominant consumer in 2014.

In spite of having one of the globe’s largest coal reserves, India still relies on imported coal as demand surpasses supply. Coal imports surged to 170 million tonnes in 2014, with much of it coming from Australia, Indonesia and South Africa.

The Singareni Collieries Company Ltd. and Coal India Ltd are the dominant companies operating in the industry.

In-demand report “Coal Mining in India to 2020” developed by Timetric covers the coal mining industry in India.

The study presents information on the country’s coal reserves; resources by grade, state and formation; gives a proximate analysis of coal; offers historical and forecast data on domestic coal production and production by type, grade, mining method and by state; coal prices; historical and forecast data on coal consumption; consumption versus electricity generation from coal; consumption by type; and coal imports by country. The report canvasses key factors impacting the demand for coal, and also contains profiles of leading coal producing firms along with unbiased information on the active, exploration and development coal projects. It also gives an extensive overview of India’s regulatory body, licenses, laws and other relevant information like rates, taxes and other charges relating to the mining of commodity in India.

Report Details:

Coal Mining in India to 2020
Published: October, 2015
Pages: 51 
Price: US$ 1,495.00

More reports by the publisher can be found at Timetric page

CONTACTS

The Market Publishers, Ltd.
Natalie Aster
Tel: +44 208 144 6009
Fax: +44 207 900 3970
ps@marketpublishers.com 
MarketPublishers.com