Market Publishers Partners with the AIDF Food Security Summit: Asia 201314 Nov 2013 • by Natalie Aster
LONDON – Market Publishers is pleased to announce its partnership with the AIDF Food Security Summit for the 2013 event at the UNCC in Bangkok, Thailand on the 26th and 27th of November.
Meet business leaders and policy makers at the leading Asian food security event of the year! The two day summit will focus on the specific regional issues surrounding food security and innovations in agriculture and nutrition and is specifically designed for NGOs, UN and international agencies, government organisations, investors and businesses concerned with the issues surrounding agriculture, nutrition, development, food security and food safety.
- Shun-ichi Murata, Deputy Executive Secretary, UN ESCAP
- Hiroyuki Konuma, Assistant Director-General and Regional Representative, FAO (Asia & Pacific)
- Dr. Isiye Ndombi, Deputy Regional Director, UNICEF (East Asia & Pacific)
- Jennifer Rosenzweig, Nutrition Consultant, WFP
- Katinka Weinberger, Head, ESCAP Centre for Alleviation of Poverty through Sustainable Agriculture
- Dr Deepika Nayar Chaudhery, Deputy Regional Director - Asia, The Micronutrient Initiative
- Dr. Bas Bouman, Director of the Global Rice Science Partnership (GRiSP), IRRI
1. Promote discussion and facilitate a deeper understanding of the main issues surrounding food security, nutrition and agriculture issues in the Asia-Pacific region through inspiring speeches and interactive debates.
2. Determine effective strategies and bring together governments, local and global companies, international agencies and civil society groups to share new approaches to food security and agricultural growth, leveraging new investments while ensuring sustainability for communities and the environment.
3. Establish meaningful partnerships with the goal of food security in the Asia-Pacific region and provide a platform for the establishment of multi-level partnerships and the facilitation of public-private understanding.
4. Provide unparalleled networking opportunities for Ministers, NGOs and businesses to advance their own interests and meet the right people.
Hiroyuki Honuma, Assistant Director General of FAO’s Regional Office for Asia and Pacific said “This forum is very important to us as it is an arena for both UN Staff and citizens to discuss our common issues and find solutions”.
There is very limited space available! Register Now Here!
We look forward to meeting you in Bangkok!
* There are a limited number of complimentary tickets available for this event. Please email us for eligibility criteria.