CETIP S.A.–Mercados Organizados Launches New Trader Tool According to BAC Report
04 Jul 2013 • by Natalie Aster
LONDON – In April Cetip launched a new tool for its Trader platform - debenture calculator. This user-friendly tool is made to convert rates to Unit Prices. It also considers a settlement time which is D+1 in Brazil. The calculator is useful in both electronic and Cetip Voice operations. Together these Cetip services will help the company develop secondary fixed-income market in Brazil.
Cetip has been very successful in improving its financial performance. The results for FY 2012 show revenue and gross profit up 6.6% and 5.9% YoY to BRL 790.9 M and BRL 721.1 M, respectively. Operating and net income increased by 6.8% and 24.9% and amounted BRL 483.6 M and BRL 275.4 M. the results for the first quarter of 2013 are also positive: revenue equaled BRL 207 M, gross profit recorded BRL 101.6 M, operating income comprised BRL 126 M, net income reached BRL 80.1 M. Quarterly financial highlights:
- Net revenue totaled BRL 207.0 million, 1.6% higher than in 4Q12 and 7.6% higher than in 1Q12.
- Adjusted EBITDA reached BRL 149.4 million, 1.7% higher than in 4Q12 and 5.2% above 1Q12 level, with an adjusted EBITDA margin of 72.2%.
- The operating cash flow before payment of income tax and social contribution totaled BRL 154.5 million, 2.2% lower than in 4Q12, but 8.6% higher than in 1Q12.
- Adjusted net income (cash earnings) reached BRL 116.2 million, 1.6% higher than in 4Q12 and 11.0% higher than in in 1Q12. Adjusted net margin reached 56.1% in 1Q13, virtually stable compared to 4Q12 and 1.7 pp less than in 1Q12.
- Adjusted operating expenses (ex-D & A) totaled BRL 57.6 million, 1.6% higher than in 4Q12 and 14.4% above 1Q12 level.
The company distinguishes two operating segments – Securities unit and Financial unit. The former contributed 64% to the total revenue amount, the latter added 36%. Cetip quarterly operational highlights:
- The total volume of record fixed income instruments reached U.S. $ 1.7148 trillion, 14.1% lower than in 4Q12, but 0.6% higher than in 1Q12.
- The notional value of OTC derivatives recorded BRL 886.9 billion, 5.4% higher than in 4Q12 and 51.9% higher than in 1Q12.
- The average volume of Central Securities Depository assets which are subject to turnover reached U.S. $ 1.9609 trillion, 4.5% higher than in 4Q12 and 20.0% above 1Q12 value.
- The number of transactions totaled 30.2 million, 16.8% lower than in 4Q12, but 11.0% higher than in 1Q12.
- In Trading, the average number of participants reached 11,400, an increase of 1.2% com-pared to 4Q12 and 5.6% compared to 1Q12.
- The amount of TEDs processed totaled 31.8 million, 2.7% lower than 4Q12, but 21.4% above 1Q12.
- The amount of supported vehicles, and therefore the inclusion of financial constraints, to-taled 1,571,000, 11.9% to less than 7.4% and less than 4Q12 1Q12, resulting in a rela-tionship of motor vehicles sold supported on 39 3%.
- The amount of inclusions contracts totaled 918,000, 19.2% lower than in 4Q12 and 19.1% lower than in 1Q12.
Founded in 1984 and headquartered in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), Cetip engages in provision of services to the financial sector. The company delivers security, liquidity and transparency fir financial operations through its software, having over 15000 institution customers, like investment funds; banks; brokers; consortiums; real estate credit companies; foreign investors; foundations, insurance companies, and many others. The company is public and trades on the Novo Mercado under the ticker CTIP3.
Explore the details on the company’s business, SWOT, competitors, PESTEL and experts’ forecasts in the report “CETIP SA-Balcao Organizado de Ativos e Derivativos Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, PESTEL*, Competitors and Industry Analysis” recently published by Market Publishers Ltd.
CETIP SA-Balcao Organizado de Ativos e Derivativos Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, PESTEL*, Competitors and Industry Analysis
Date: May, 2013
More company reports featuring SWOT and financial information, industry and competitors analysis can be found in Company Reports Catalog.