Worldwide STD Market Future Discussed in New VPG Study Published at Marketpublishers.com
21 Jun 2012 • by Natalie Aster
LONDON – Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are a major global cause of acute illness, infertility, long term disability and death, with severe medical and psychological consequences for millions of men, women and children. In developing countries, STDs and their complications are amongst the top five disease categories for which adults seek health care. In women of childbearing age, STDs (excluding HIV) are second only to maternal factors as causes of disease, death and healthy life lost.
Unlike HIV, many STDs can be treated and cured relatively easily and cheaply if diagnosed early enough. To fight these epidemics, authorities must act to expand access to testing and treatment facilities; to educate people about safer sex and risk reduction; and to counter the prejudice surrounding STD infections.
New study “Sexually-Transmitted Diseases (STD): Global Market Outlook and Emerging Opportunities” elaborated by Venture Planning Group (VPG) presents comprehensive analysis of the STD market from a global perspective with a special focus on the US, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK) and Japan.
- current scientific views on epidemiology and etiology for chancroid, chlamydia, gonorrhea, herpes (I/II, VI), papillomavirus (Pap smear, HPV), and syphilis;
- test volume and sales forecasts by country and market segment;
- sales and market share estimates for major suppliers of STD diagnostic products, by test and country;
- review of market applications of molecular diagnostics, monoclonal antibodies, immunoassays, IT and other emerging technologies;
- overview of features and operating characteristics of major analyzers used for STD testing;
- profiles of key suppliers and potential market entrants developing innovative technologies and products;
- analysis of emerging opportunities, alternative market penetration strategies, market entry barriers/risks, and strategic planning issues.
Sexually-Transmitted Diseases (STD): Global Market Outlook and Emerging Opportunities
Published: June, 2012
Price: US$ 8.500,00
More new studies by the publisher can be found at VPG page