North America Iron Ore Mining Industry Analyzed & Forecast in New Report Published at MarketPublishers.com
14 May 2012 • by Natalie Aster
LONDON – North America is home to substantial high-grade iron ore reserves. At the end of 2010, the region contributed around 13.2 billion metric tons towards global iron ore reserves, accounting for an 8% share of total global reserves. The US, with potential reserves of 6.9 billion metric tons, or around 4% of the global iron ore reserves, has the largest iron ore reserves in the region, followed by Canada with a 3.6% share of the global reserves. North American iron ore reserves are predominantly magnetite and hematite grades, which are rich in ferrous content and require no further beneficiation. North America's iron ore reserves are mainly found in the provinces of Minnesota and Michigan in the US, and in the Quebec, Newfoundland and Labrador provinces of Canada.
New report “Iron Ore Mining Market in North America to 2020 - Demand for Steel in the US to Boost Regional Iron Ore Production” prepared by GBI Research has been recently published by Market Publishers Ltd.
Title: Iron Ore Mining Market in North America to 2020 - Demand for Steel in the US to Boost Regional Iron Ore Production
Published: May, 2012
Price: US$ 3,500
The report offers in-depth analysis and forecast of the North American iron ore mining industry, comprising of the US and Canada. It particular, the study covers:
- key drivers & restraints expected to play a part in transforming the industry from 2012 to 2020;
- historical (2000-2011) and forecast (2012-2020) data on iron ore production in North America;
- historical and forecast data on consumption demand of iron ore in terms of volume;
- export/import markets for North American iron ore categorized by the US and Canada’s export markets;
- top active and planned projects spanning the North American iron ore mining landscape;
- policy & regulatory framework governing the iron ore mining industry;
- comprehensive profiles of top iron ore mining companies – Cliffs Natural Resources Inc. (Cliffs Natural), Arch ArcelorMittal, Iron Ore Company of Canada (IOC), United States Steel Corporation (USSC) and others.
More new market reports by the publisher can be found at GBI Research page.
The Market Publishers, Ltd.
Tel: +44 208 144 6009
Fax: +44 207 900 3970