US Amusement Park Foodservice Trends Discussed by Packaged Facts
18 Apr 2012 • by Natalie Aster
Thanks to improving attendance and in-park spending, U.S. amusement park foodservice sales have surpassed prerecession levels, and continued growth through 2014 is forecast. Make no mistake: food and beverage sales at amusement parks are big business, whether the parks are large or small; national, regional or local; sedate or thrilling; driven by teens, families, or a combination of both. Entertainment district growth, national restaurant brand opportunities, the need for healthier fare, and evolving promotional activity are each helping to shape tomorrow’s amusement park foodservice strategies.
The report «Amusement Park Foodservice Trends in the U.S.» by Packaged Facts provides the following:
- Assessment of trends affecting food service in amusement parks, including ticket pricing trends; meal promotions; food healthfulness; popular amusement park foods; quick-service and portability rationales; price promotions; entertainment districts; and branded food options.
- Analysis of industry amusement park industry attendance trends by demographic (including destination park and regional park categories) and by state of residence and park proximity.
- Trended demographic analysis of major amusement parks, including each Disneyland and Disneyworld park, each Universal park, Busch Gardens Florida, Seaworld, King’s Island, Cedar Point, Six Flags, and Knott’s Berry Farm.
- Comparison of snack and beverage, limited-service and full-service restaurant usage among amusement park visitors to the general adult population.
- Based on proprietary Packaged Facts data, analysis of amusement park visitors’ “last visit” to an amusement park: their choice of companions, the distance they travelled to the park, their mode of transportation, and their decision to use lodging; BYO food and beverage usage; and ticket, food, beverage, souvenir & parking spending.
- Market size and forecast for amusement park foodservice revenue for 2007-2014.
- Analysis of the impact of macro-economic drivers shaping amusement park foodservice, including an economic forecast through 2014; consumer confidence and unemployment; consumer spending trends and recreation spending trends; travel and leisure spending trends; hotel travel trends; and amusement park attendance trends.
Amusement Park Foodservice Trends in the U.S.
Published: March, 2012
Price: US$ 3.995,00
The report also analyses major amusement park operators’ foodservice platforms, park by park, including those of Cedar Fair, L.P., Six Flags Entertainment Corporation, Universal Parks & Resorts, and the Walt Disney Company.
More information can be found in the report “Amusement Park Foodservice Trends in the U.S.” by Packaged Facts.
To order the report or ask for sample pages contact [email protected]