New Research on Alcoholic Drinks Regional Performance and Prospects by Euromonitor International
11 Jan 2012 • by Natalie Aster
The global alcoholic drinks industry has once again demonstrated its relative resilience to wider economic concerns in 2011. This has come on the back of seemingly improving socioeconomic fundamentals that have fortified top line sales against the post-recessionary tide still engulfing other FMCG industries.
According to the report “Alcoholic Drinks 2011, Part 1: Regional Performance and Prospects” by Euromonitor International, the increasingly divergent fortunes separating developed and emerging markets is fast transforming the latter into the main protagonists for the industry.
- The core objective of this two-part report is to examine the current state of the global alcoholic drinks industry, including, but not limited to the ascent of a "new normal", lingering economic headwinds, recovering and beleaguered product categories and scenarios for future market performance.
- In addition to providing a global overview of market performance, the report also analyses performance by geographic region and product category, the state of the global competitive landscape, performance by retail distribution channel, key trends and developments, and global prospects and opportunities.
- Incorporating macro-economic insights into the market analysis is essential to a better understanding of on-going drinking patterns and forecasting potential future scenarios. Within this context, the first part of the report examines the precarious state of the global economy, with parallels drawn with previous periods of economic contraction to help project present possibilities.
- The report then shifts its focus to an assessment of the key regions and countries for alcoholic drinks worldwide, identifying top line opportunities and pitfalls. Overarching market trends are also highlighted, setting the stage for a more informed strategic analysis of future prospects in the final section.
- Country-specific flavour and product examples, as well as the latest available socioeconomic figures ranging from demographic figures to unemployment rates and inequality measures, provide a unique and multifaceted view of the global alcoholic drinks industry, beyond the realm of cold sales figures.
- The data and analysis are specific to the key categories of beer, wine, spirits, cider/perry and RTDs/high-strength premixes. Where appropriate and relevant, the report drills down into component subcategories.
- The report does not claim to be comprehensive, focusing on key industry categories, but rather seeks to offer high-level insight into key changes in the market at a time of manifest macroeconomic volatility.
Alcoholic Drinks 2011, Part 1: Regional Performance and Prospects
Published: December 2011
Price: US$ 2.000,00
Why buy this report?
- Detailed picture of the Alcoholic Drinks market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- The competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands.
More information can be found in the report “Alcoholic Drinks 2011, Part 1: Regional Performance and Prospects” by Euromonitor International.
To order the report or ask for sample pages contact [email protected]