Rising Income and a Good Distribution Network is Driving the Wine Market in China
11 Nov 2011 • by Natalie Aster
Mumbai, India – Netscribes (India) Pvt. Ltd., a knowledge consulting solutions company, announces the launch of the report “Wine Market in China 2011”.
The consumers in China are now becoming more acceptable towards international and premium brands that are available in the market. Although, the preference of consumption is towards red wines but other varieties like white, sparkling and rose wines are also in demand in China.
Wine Market in China 2011
Published: October 2011
Price: US$ 600.00
- Wine consumption in China has grown at a phenomenal rate and it is dominated by domestic wine.
- China is home to acres of vineyards which are spread across the country.
- Consumption of wine in China is seen as fashionable, sophisticated and worldly.
- Primarily, wine is mostly consumed by people in the income group of mid to high.
Per Capita Consumption
- Both international and domestic brands operate in the wine market in China.
- The domestic brands dominate the market though.
- Multiple foreign brands are sold in China along with domestic brands.
- Rising income levels;
- Strong distribution network;
- Changing Consumer Lifestyles;
- Good wines distributed as gifts.
- High Import Duty;
- Presence of fake wines;
- Competition from other alcoholic beverages;
- Price Sensitivity.
- Imported wines becoming popular in tier 2 cities;
- Other industries making a foray into this domain;
- Joint Ventures and Collaborations.
To order the report or ask for sample pages contact [email protected]