Abundant Reserves and Growing Demand to Drive Mining Industry in India01 Nov 2011 • by Natalie Aster
Mumbai, India – Mining industry in India has been growing consistently over the years with fuel minerals like coal comprising the majority of mineral production. India has abundant reserves of minerals and the industry has immense potential to grow. Increasing demand and supportive government participation will drive the industry in the near future.
Netscribes (India) Pvt. Ltd., a knowledge consulting solutions company, announces the launch of the report “Mining Industry in India 2011”.
The total mineral production in India has been growing strongly over the last few years and was valued at INR 2.01 tr in 2010-11. In the same year, mining industry’s contribution accounted for 2.26% of the country’s GDP. Rising demand from various sectors and high scope for mining exploration will provide strong growth avenues to the mining industry. Increasing role of the government to support mining activities in India and growing investment potential of the sector will also drive the industry.
Mining Industry in India 2011
Published: October 2011
Price: US$ 475.00
Mining Industry in India – Overview Growth in Mineral Production
- India produces minerals, which include fuel minerals, metallic, non–metallic, atomic and minor minerals;
- It has abundant reserves of iron ore, bauxite, dolomite, gypsum, limestone, mica and adequate reserves of chromite, manganese, zinc and graphite. It is a leading producer of key minerals such as iron ore, coal and bauxite;
- Fuel minerals, especially coal, comprise of the majority of total mineral production in India;
- Rich reserves of minerals in India make it very conducive for the growth and development of the mining sector in India;
- Abundant mineral reserves;
- Ample exploration opportunities;
- Increasing investment potential;
- Growing demand from other sectors;
- Government Concessions.
- Lack of mining infrastructure;
- Lack of support to exploration;
- Environmental degradation.
India occupies sixth place in the world for total bauxite resources
To order the report or ask for sample pages contact email@example.com