Increasing Cardiac Patient Base Drives the Indian Cardiovascular Pharma Market10 Oct 2011 • by Natalie Aster
Mumbai – Cardiovascular pharmaceuticals market in India is the second largest contributor to domestic pharmaceutical sales, contributing around 15.6%. Since India has a huge patient pool, the Indian market is characterized by a huge demand for cardiovascular drugs. It is a highly fragmented market with a large number of foreign and domestic players. The huge increase in the patient population, patent expiry of popular blockbuster drugs, increase in disposable income and introduction of newer and better drugs is helping the market to grow. The Indian Government, on its part has taken initiatives to reduce drug prices, has made certain reforms in the tax structure and has undertaken various control programmes. The market is expected to exhibit steady growth over the next few years.
Netscribes (India) Pvt. Ltd. , a knowledge consulting solutions company, announces the launch of the report “Cardiovascular Pharmaceuticals Market in India 2011”. India, with its huge patient base, is expected to show steady growth over the coming years.
Published: September 2011
Price: US$ 475.00
Report Sample Abstract
Indian Market – Overview:
- Cardiovascular therapeutic segment belongs to the chronic segment (comprising of cardiovascular, anti diabetics and neuro pshychiatry), which together account for around A% of the total pharma market.
- Cardiovascular segment is the second largest contributor to domestic pharmaceuticals market sales, with a share of x%.
- Within the cardiovascular segment, antihypertensive drugs account for almost m% of revenue. Cholesterol lowering drugs account for one third of sales.
- Increasing patient base;
- Patent expiry of blockbuster drugs;
- Increasing disposable income;
- Introduction of new drugs.
- Strong competition;
- Competition from complementary and alternative medicines.
More information can be found in the report “Cardiovascular Pharmaceuticals Market in India 2011” by Netscribes (India) Pvt. Ltd.
To order the report or ask for sample pages contact email@example.com