The 2011 French Cancer Diagnostics Market05 Aug 2011 • by Natalie Aster
New York – The report “The 2011 French Cancer Diagnostics Market” by Venture Planning Group presents a comprehensive analysis of the French cancer diagnostics market, including:
- Major issues pertaining to the French laboratory practice, as well as key economic, regulatory, demographic, social and technological trends with significant market impact during the next ten years;
- Mortality statistics and scientific views on the etiology of major types of cancer, e.g., lung, colorectal, breast, prostatic, pancreatic, leukemia, lymphoma, gastrointestinal, bladder, liver, ovarian, testicular, oral, skin and others;
- Ten-year test volume and sales forecasts for 40 cancer diagnostic procedures performed in French hospitals and commercial laboratories;
- Placements and installed base of automated and semiautomated analyzers used for cancer testing;
- Current instrumentation technologies and feature comparison of leading analyzers;
- Sales and market shares of leading suppliers;
- Emerging diagnostic technologies and their potential market applications;
- Product development opportunities;
- Profiles of current and emerging suppliers, including their sales, market shares, product portfolios, marketing tactics, technological know-how, new products in R&D, collaborative arrangements and business strategies;
- Business opportunities and strategic recommendations for suppliers.
The 2011 French Cancer Diagnostics Market
Published: October 2010
Price: US$ 5,400.00
Report Sample Abstract
Tumor marker testing represents a major opportunity for DNA probes in general and for the application of molecular pathology techniques specifically. Numerous oncogenes have been identified, including p53, implicated in the development of breast, colorectal and other cancers; C-erB2, associated with breast cancer development and metastasis; and BRCA1, involved in 50% of all inherited breast cancers, and also associated with increased risk for prostate and other cancers. It could become common practice in the clinical laboratory within the next few years to perform a complete molecular pathology analysis of all excised breast tumors to assess metastatic potential and help guide adjuvant drug therapy. As additional oncogenes are discovered related to diseases such as prostate and colorectal cancer, such testing is expected to expand.
During the next ten years, DNA probes are expected to play a major role in cancer testing. However, the scope of the testing will depend upon the future elucidation of the molecular basis of oncogenesis. The discovery that the diagnosis of certain types of cancer (leukemia and lymphoma) can be greatly assisted by the use of DNA probes will lead to the development of probes for colon, prostate, stomach, breast, and other cancers.
Among Abbott’s molecular diagnostic cancer testing products are Path Vysion HER-2 DNA Probe, used to identify women with breast cancer that could benefit from Herceptin therapy. Also available is UroVysion, the DNA-based test for monitoring the recurrence of bladder cancer.
In the U.S., Abbott's products are sold directly by the diagnostics sales force of over 1,000 representatives. The sales force is segmented by type of facility rather than product. A dedicated sales force is promoting molecular diagnostic reagents and equipment.
Outside the U.S., Abbott is present in over 130 countries, including all major European markets, Japan, Canada, and Australia. The company is also very active in the Middle East, including United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. In the international markets, Abbott sells through over xxx field representatives and local country distributing agents.
Abbott is expected to continue reinforcing its leadership position in the cancer diagnostics market worldwide by introducing both improved and new test kits and instruments. The new products will be offered in various configurations for different market segments.
More information can be found in the report “The 2011 French Cancer Diagnostics Market” by Venture Planning Group.
The 2011 Cancer Diagnostics Market: US, Europe, Japan - Emerging Opportunities and Business Expansion Strategies;
The 2011 Italian Cancer Diagnostics Market;
The 2011 UK Cancer Diagnostics Market;
The 2011 Spanish Cancer Diagnostics Market;
The 2011 US Cancer Diagnostics Market;
The 2011 Japanese Cancer Diagnostics Market;
The 2011 German Cancer Diagnostics Market.
To order the report or ask for sample pages contact email@example.com
Tel: +44 208 144 6009
Fax: +44 207 900 3970