Pet Specialist Retailers: Who Is Winning, Why, and What the Future May Hold16 May 2011 • by Natalie Aster
London, UK – MarketPublishers Ltd informs that a new Report “Pet Specialist Retailers: Who Is Winning, Why, and What the Future May Hold” recently issued by Euromonitor International Ltd has been added to its catalogue.
Pet Specialist Retailers: Who Is Winning, Why, and What the Future May Hold
Published: April 2011
Price: USD 2,000.00
Objectives of global briefing:
- The core objective of this report is to examine the performance of the pet specialist channel in the context of the global pet care industry and retailing environment.
- Specifically, this report will examine the key winning strategies of both major and niche pet specialist retailers (such as pet shops and pet superstores) and how contrasting strategies are impacting their overall retail performance and prospects. Finally, conclusions will be drawn as to how overall pet care market trends are intertwined with pet care retailing, specifically pet specialist retailers' strategic operations and marketing activities.
- The data and analysis are specific to the key categories of dog food, cat food, other pet food and pet products. Where appropriate and relevant, it drills down into lower level product sub-categories, notably dog and cat food by price platform (premium, mid-priced, economy).
- The global pet care industry is examined in terms of forecast performance over the period 2010-2015 with a closer look at the immediate future, 2010-2011, with graphics and analysis identifying key areas of risk and opportunity, be it in geographic, product category or retail format/channel type terms.
- The report does not claim to be comprehensive, focusing on key industry categories, but rather seeks to offer high-level insight into key changes in the market at a time of manifest macroeconomic instability.
Sample cuttings from the report “Pet Specialist Retailers: Who Is Winning, Why, and What the Future May Hold”:
2009-2010: PetSmart underperforms in the US
Pet owners value specialist advice/offerings from pet shops
- India: Pet shops remain the leading retail channel for pet care in India, with outlet numbers increasing steadily, especially in larger towns and cities. This is largely driven by rising pet ownership and the fact that more pet owners demand quality products. In addition, pet shops are able to cater to a wide range of pet-related needs by offering a wide range of products, including pet food, pet healthcare, pet dietary supplements and pet accessories.
Pet superstores leverage one-stop shopping experience
- Canada and US: Pet superstores also dominate these markets, with retail value shares of around 21-23% in 2010. The channel's growing popularity is largely due to the wide assortment of pet-related products and services on offer. PetSmart, the leading pet superstore chain globally, provides many services within its stores, including grooming and training. As of 31 January 2010, there were over 160 stores that also offered the company's pet boarding service called PetsHotels. In addition, over 750 of its stores feature a full-service veterinary hospital.
To order the report or ask a question feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org