Angola is one of the richest countries in Africa in terms of fish and seafood grounds. The most productive area is the Southern fishing zone. Main fishing resources of Angola include macke-rels, sardines, hake, shrimps, tunas, crabs, lobster and other species. Tilapia species are the most important fresh water fish with high value in the local market.
There are three main types of fishing in Angola: large-scale industrial fishing, semi-industrial fishing and artisanal fishing. Fish and seafood are produced in Angola mainly by artisanal co-operatives or small local fisheries.
Foreign fleets operating in Angola waters are from Russia, Ukraine, EU, Lithuania, Japan, and Nigeria.
Recent civil war as well as the lack of investments and appropriate knowledge influence fish market in the country. The Ministry of Fishery has recently established a special fund to sup-port the domestic fisheries to improve the situation.
Angola imports fish and seafood mostly from Portugal, Namibia, Indonesia, China, South Afri-ca, Norway, and Thailand. The main export markets for Angola are Namibia, Nigeria, China, and SAR.
Fish is the main part of the cuisine in Angola. Fish from the artisanal cooperatives are usually sold on the beach to the small number of traders. There are a number of larger markets near the cities and towns, such as in Luanda, Benguela and Namibe provinces. Mostly fish and seafood are sold fresh, dried or salted.
- Brief country profile: general information, economic indicators, business environment
- Fish and seafood market overview: production and consumption of fish and seafood, market trends, government regulations and market perspectives
- Foreign trade data including fish and seafood export/import operations in Angola, main trade partners, prices
- Major manufacturers and suppliers of fish and seafood in Angola
- Consumers within the sector and the purchase activity monitoring
- Your knowledge of the market in the country will expand significantly
- You will receive information about economic, governmental, political and social background of the market giving you an opportunity to analyse all the factors influencing the market
- You can boost sales of the company significantly by obtaining the market analysis
- Major market players’ contacts and profiles will be useful for partnership development and the assessment of the competitive environment
The report can be further elaborated by the following materials:
1.1. General characteristics
1.2. Economic review
2. FISH AND SEAFOOD MARKET IN ANGOLA
2.1. Overview of fish and seafood market
2.1.1. Overview of fishery sector in Angola
2.1.2. Production and consumption of fish and seafood in Angola
2.1.3. Government regulations in fishery sector in Angola
2.2. Producers of fish and seafood in Angola, including contact details and product range
3. ANGOLA’S FOREIGH TRADE IN FISH AND SEAFOOD
3.1. Export and import of live fish, fresh and frozen fish: volume, structure, dynamics
3.2. Export and import of fish fillets: volume, structure, dynamics
3.3. Export and import of dried, salted or other cooked fish: volume, structure, dynamics
3.4. Export and import of prepared or preserved fish, caviar: volume, structure, dynamics
3.5. Export and import of fresh, frozen or preserved lobsters, crabs and other crustaceans: volume, structure, dynamics
3.6. Export and import of fresh, frozen or preserved mollusks: volume, structure, dynamics
4. MAJOR WHOLESALERS AND TRADING COMPANIES IN ANGOLA
5. CONSUMERS OF FISH AND SEAFOOD ON ANGOLA’S MARKET
5.1. Main fish and seafood consumers
5.2. Monitoring of latest purchase requests within the region
Please note that Fish and Seafood Market in Angola: Business Report 2014 is a half ready publication. It only requires updating with the help of new data that are constantly retrieved from Publisher’s databases and other sources. This updating process takes 3-5 business days after order is placed. Thus, our clients always obtain a revised and updated version of each report. Please also note that we do not charge for such an updating procedure. BAC Reports has information for more than 25,000 different products available but it is impossible to have all reports updated immediately. That is why it takes 3-5 days to update a report after an order is received.
The report can be further expanded by the following materials:
- Angola: Country Business Profile 2014
Date: Jan, 2014 | Pages: 50 | Price: $300
This report is a comprehensive research about the conditions of doing business in Angola.
The first chapter of the report contains general information on Angola, including its geopolitical situation, administrative structure, political system and level of economic development. Special attention is delivered to peculiarities of negotiations conduct in Angola.
The second part of the report focuses on macroeconomic indexes of Angola: GDP scope and dynamics, industrial production volume, foreign trade analysis, investment climate in the country etc.