- The report contains detailed information about Cherokee Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Cherokee Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Cherokee Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Cherokee Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Cherokee Inc. business.
About Cherokee Inc.
Cherokee Inc. engages in marketing and licensing brands and trademarks for apparel, footwear, and accessories worldwide.
The company owns various trademarks, including Cherokee, Sideout, Sideout Sport, Carole Little, CLII, Saint Tropez-West, Chorus Line, All That Jazz, Molly Malloy and others. In addition to licensing its own brands, the company also assists other brand-owners, companies, wholesalers and retailers in identifying licensees or licensors for their brands or stores.
The company focuses on domestic and international retail direct licensing. As of January 30, 2010, the company had 25 continuing license agreements covering both domestic and international markets, 11of which pertained to the Cherokee brand. Of its 25 licensing agreements, 13 are retail direct contracts with domestic or international retailers, 9 are with a domestic wholesaler, and 3 are brand representations with third parties who have partnered, or are seeking to, partner with domestic or international retailers. In retail direct licensing, the company grants retailers a license to use the trademarks on certain categories of merchandise.
As of January 30, 2010, the company had 11 ongoing licensing agreements for its Cherokee brand. It has a significant retail direct licensing agreement with Target Corporation for the Cherokee brand in the United States.
As of January 30, 2010, the company had 10 international license agreements for the Cherokee brand (Tesco, Zellers, Comercial Mexicana, Pick 'N Pay, Falabella, Shufersal LTD., Grupo Pao de Acucar, Arvind Mills, Eroski and RT-Mart).
The company has a retail direct licensing agreement for the Cherokee brand with Great Britain's Tesco Stores Limited (Tesco). Tesco was granted the right to manufacture, promote, sell and distribute a range of products bearing its Cherokee brand in the United Kingdom and Ireland. The company granted Tesco the rights to certain other countries, including South Korea, Malaysia, Thailand, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland and the Czech Republic. Tesco sells Cherokee branded products in the Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, and Turkey.
The company has a retail direct license agreement with Zellers Inc., a Canadian retailer that is a division of Hudson's Bay Company. Zellers was granted the right in Canada to use the Cherokee brand and related trademarks in connection with a range of categories of merchandise.
The company has a retail direct license agreement with the Mexican retailer, Comercial Mexicana. It has an international license agreement with Grupo Eroski for the Cherokee brand for the country of Spain.
In 2009, the company announced an international agreement with Concord Investment (China) CO., LTD (RT-Mart) for the Cherokee brand for the Peoples Republic of China excluding Taiwan for their RT-Mart stores.
As of January 30, 2010, the company had 1 ongoing licensing agreement for its Sideout brand and signed 8 new licensing agreements. The ongoing Sideout licensing agreement is an international wholesale and retail licensing agreement for the Sideout brand in China. The eight new licensing agreements are for domestic and international wholesales of the Sideout brand with various licensees, including Jem Sportswear Inc., ACI, Evy of California, Blue By Yoo, Inc., Hudson Bay Apparel Brands, LLC, Getracan, and Baby Togs, LLC.
Carole Little Brands
As of January 30, 2010, the company had one ongoing retail direct licensing agreement with TJX Companies for its Carole Little brands (Carole Little, CLII and Saint Tropez-West) for the United States and certain other countries.
Brand Representation Businesses
In addition to acquiring brands and licensing its own brands, the company assists other companies in identifying licensees for their brands.
The companys customers include Target Corporation and Tesco Stores Limited.
The companys competitors with respect to the Cherokee brand include Levi Strauss & Co., The Gap, Old Navy, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc., Liz Claiborne, Iconix Brand Group Inc., and VF Corp. and private label brands, such as Faded Glory, Arizona, and Route 66, developed by retailers. Competitors with respect to the Sideout brand include Quiksilver and Nike.
Cherokee Inc. was founded in 1988.
1. CHEROKEE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CHEROKEE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CHEROKEE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CHEROKEE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CHEROKEE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Cherokee Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Cherokee Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Cherokee Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Cherokee Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Clothing, Textiles and Accessories Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Cherokee Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CHEROKEE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CHEROKEE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CHEROKEE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHEROKEE INC. PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CHEROKEE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. CHEROKEE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Cherokee Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Cherokee Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Cherokee Inc. Major Shareholders
Cherokee Inc. History
Cherokee Inc. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Cherokee Inc. Offices and Representations
Cherokee Inc. SWOT Analysis
Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cherokee Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Cherokee Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Cherokee Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Clothing, Textiles and Accessories Industry Statistics
Cherokee Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Cherokee Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
Cherokee Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Cherokee Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Cherokee Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Cherokee Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Cherokee Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Cherokee Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a Project Plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to Imitate?
- Organized Properly?