- The report contains detailed information about FBR Capital Markets Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for FBR Capital Markets Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The FBR Capital Markets Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes FBR Capital Markets Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of FBR Capital Markets Corporation business.
About FBR Capital Markets Corporation
FBR Capital Markets Corporation operates as an investment banking, institutional brokerage, and asset management company. The company makes principal investments, including merchant banking investments, with its own capital.
The company, through its principal operating subsidiaries, FBR Capital Markets & Co. (FBR & Co.), an SEC-registered broker-dealer, FBR Capital Markets International, Ltd. (FBRIL), a broker-dealer registered with the United Kingdoms Financial Services Authority (FSA), and FBR Fund Advisers, Inc. (FBR Fund Advisers), an SEC-registered investment adviser, focuses on providing capital raising services, including underwriting and placement of public and private equity and debt; financial advisory services, including merger and acquisition (M&A) advisory, restructuring, liability management, recapitalization and strategic alternative analysis; institutional sales and trading services focused on equities, equity-linked securities, high-yield bonds, senior debt, and bank loans; research coverage; asset management services through a family of mutual funds; and proprietary investment returns to its shareholders through merchant banking and other direct investments that the company make utilizing its own capital.
The company focuses its capital markets business (investment banking and institutional brokerage) in eight industry sectorsconsumer, diversified industrials, energy and natural resources, financial institutions, healthcare, insurance, real estate, and technology, media and telecommunications (TMT).
The company operates in three segments: Capital Markets, which includes investment banking and institutional brokerage (sales, trading, and research); Asset Management, which includes private wealth management; and Principal Investing, which includes merchant banking.
The Capital Markets segments business is conducted by its investment banking and institutional brokerage professionals through the U.S. and United Kingdom broker-dealer subsidiaries. These professionals provide investment banking services, including capital raising and financial advisory services, and institutional brokerage services, including sales, trading, and research services, to its institutional clients across its core sectors.
Investment Banking: The company provides capital raising services in industry specific investment banking teams that operate across its core industry sectors: consumer, diversified industrials, energy and natural resources, financial institutions, insurance, real estate, and TMT, and these teams work with its M&A investment banking group in connection with the delivery of financial advisory services. The company also has a financial sponsors investment banking group that works with its industry-focused investment banking teams to deliver a range of investment banking products and solutions to the private equity community and their portfolio companies.
Capital Raising: The company offers a range of financial products designed to serve the needs of its investment banking clients, including private equity offerings, initial public, follow-on, and secondary offerings of common equity, equity-linked convertible debt offerings, public and private preferred equity offerings, and debt offerings.
Strategic Advisory Services: The company focuses on helping its investment banking clients to assess strategic alternatives, including advice on M&A, financial restructuring, and strategic partnerships. In addition, the company provides valuation advice, fairness opinions, market comparable valuation analysis and other corporate finance advice, including advice with respect to dividend policies and evaluations of stock repurchase programs.
Institutional Brokerage and Research: Through its institutional brokerage professionals, the company provides research and institutional sales and trading services to institutional investors in North America, Europe, and elsewhere. The company executes securities transactions for institutional investors, such as mutual funds, insurance companies, hedge funds, banks, money managers, and pension and profit-sharing plans.
Institutional Brokerage: The companys traders and salespeople are required to develop detailed knowledge and relationships and provide trade execution and sales and trading services to an institutional client base of approximately 1,400 institutional investor accounts as of December 31, 2009. The company makes markets in Nasdaq and other securities, it trades listed securities and loan products, and the company services the trading desks of major institutions in the United States, Europe, and elsewhere.
The Asset Management segment includes its SEC registered investment adviser subsidiaries that manage a family of mutual funds. The companys traditional asset class equity funds provide investors with access to institutional quality exposure to the large, mid- and small-cap segments of the capital markets, and its specialty funds allow investors to add targeted exposure to growth opportunities in specific industry sectors, including through an index fund.
The Principal Investing segments activity consists primarily of investments in merchant banking investments and short-term liquid instruments.
FBR Capital Markets Corporation was founded in 2006.
1. FBR CAPITAL MARKETS CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FBR CAPITAL MARKETS CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FBR CAPITAL MARKETS CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FBR CAPITAL MARKETS CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FBR CAPITAL MARKETS CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. FBR Capital Markets Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of FBR Capital Markets Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of FBR Capital Markets Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. FBR Capital Markets Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Financial Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. FBR Capital Markets Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. FBR CAPITAL MARKETS CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FBR CAPITAL MARKETS CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FBR CAPITAL MARKETS CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. FBR CAPITAL MARKETS CORPORATION PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FBR CAPITAL MARKETS CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. FBR CAPITAL MARKETS CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
FBR Capital Markets Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
FBR Capital Markets Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
FBR Capital Markets Corporation Major Shareholders
FBR Capital Markets Corporation History
FBR Capital Markets Corporation Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
FBR Capital Markets Corporation Offices and Representations
FBR Capital Markets Corporation SWOT Analysis
Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
FBR Capital Markets Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
FBR Capital Markets Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
FBR Capital Markets Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Services Industry Statistics
FBR Capital Markets Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
FBR Capital Markets Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
FBR Capital Markets Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
FBR Capital Markets Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
FBR Capital Markets Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
FBR Capital Markets Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
FBR Capital Markets Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
FBR Capital Markets Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a Project Plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to Imitate?
- Organized Properly?